I Can Not Install Any Custom Rom On Mi Note 3

Fortes

Members
May 12, 2018
I can not install any custom ROM on Mi note 3, I've done everything, installed all twrp versions available here and other forums, including the most updated ones, but none of them can install any rom, when I try to install twrp, the process is never completed, it simply hangs at the end and nothing else happens, and every time I have to reinstall through the mi flash tool and finish erasing everything, I've done it countless times. I already tried to install older versions, newer versions and tested with each twrp version, and I could not.

Currently I use the 9.5.3 Global version with unlocked bootloader. I do not know what else to do, I wanted to install the rom dev Xiaomi.eu, could anyone help me?
Thanks

I think you relocked bootloader with miflash. Unlock it again, install twrp(any 3.2+) and flash miui eu.

fastboot flash recovery twrp###.img (don't reboot system - it will restore stock recovery)
fastboot boot twrp###.img

Into twrp format data, reboot recovery, flash miuiEu.zip(use pendrive or copy with pc), reboot system.
Boot into twrp - power off, vol+ and power.

I think you relocked bootloader with miflash. Unlock it again, install twrp(any 3.2+) and flash miui eu.

fastboot flash recovery twrp###.img (don't reboot system - it will restore stock recovery)
fastboot boot twrp###.img

Into twrp format data, reboot recovery, flash miuiEu.zip(use pendrive or copy with pc), reboot system.
Boot into twrp - power off, vol+ and power.

Hello, I have bootloader unlocked, I have no problem installing recovery. I have also done all these procedures like format data in twrp.

I would like to know if anyone succeeded in installing the rom dev xiaomi.eu on mi note 3, if so, could you tell me what was the previous base version of miui (china or global)? What version of twrp was installed? And what version of rom dev was installed? Maybe, if I repeat the same procedures, I can do that too.
Thanks

could you tell me what was the previous base version of miui (china or global)?
Doesn't matter.
What version of twrp was installed?
I can only confirm 3.1.1-0 because that's the one I use, but logically everything afterwards will do as well.
And what version of rom dev was installed?
Doesn't matter.
Maybe, if I repeat the same procedures, I can do that too.
Describe your problem correctly first. You said:
"when I try to install twrp, the process is never completed, it simply hangs at the end and nothing else happens"
How do you judge/measure that the process is never completed? How long did you wait? What's written on the TWRP screen? Did you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache (or simply TWRP default wipe) beforehand?

I would like to know if anyone succeeded in installing the rom dev xiaomi.eu on mi note 3, if so, could you tell me what was the previous base version of miui (china or global)? What version of twrp was installed? And what version of rom dev was installed? Maybe, if I repeat the same procedures, I can do that too.
Thanks
1st I had China, installled Miui.Eu(dev & stable), after it Global(fastboot), CrDroid, ********, Miui.Eu.
I used twrps by dianlujitao, now by travis.
Both have problems with restoring own backup.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter.

I can only confirm 3.1.1-0 because that's the one I use, but logically everything afterwards will do as well.

Doesn't matter.

"when I try to install twrp, the process is never completed, it simply hangs at the end and nothing else happens"
How do you judge/measure that the process is never completed? How long did you wait? What's written on the TWRP screen? Did you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache (or simply TWRP default wipe) beforehand?

Doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter.

The version 3.1.1-0 touch does not work when installed on newer versions of miui, as well as several other twrps, so I asked about the installed version, the ones that work on the new ones are "twrp_3210_jason_v2" and "twrp-3.2 .1.0-jason-travis82 "are the ones I've tested. However, the problem is when I install, first I transfer the zip rom, install it after, as I already did on all the xiaomi devices I already had, in the installation, the bar arrives at the end and hangs, no error appears, nor Confirmation of anything, it has been this way for 1 hour, I know it is not normal. I also erased the data later, before and already tested without deleting anything, it made no difference.

Before install .zip did you do "format data"? It is necessary.

Also you can try flash lazyflasher.zip before rom.zip.

People, I got the problem solved! For anyone who is experiencing the same problem:

1° I did a downgrade to miui version 9.1.4 Global fastboot version MiFlashTool
2° I installed the twrp travis82 (later I tested with jason_v2 and it worked too)
3° transfer to ROM zip dev miui.eu 8.1.4 (just to test) and installed by twrp normally and finally worked, I did not have to do anything besides those steps.

But I only succeeded by installing version 9.1.4 Global Fastboot before.
That's it guys, thank you all for the help!

Thanks a lot for sharing this information! I had exactly the same problem.
I tried installing TWRP and was stuck with a frozen TWRP screen and then a bootloop. What to do? From the mass of information on the internet about these problems I did not understand first that, if you don't have TWRP, you can only flash ROM's that have flash files in it. IMG files won't work. So I flashed the newest Official Global ROM and got my phone back. Pff! And to my surprise everything worked much faster than before, even the fingerprint reader worked flawlessly. (before sometimes or not).

But I wanted to experiment, did the downgrade mentioned above in this forum and yes, got TWRP installed, easy.
So I tried Lineage 14.1, looks good. But the magnetic cover doesn't work, it won't switch the phone of and on, the fingerprint reader crashed, some paid apps don't work, some other things I don't like, I'm sorry, this doesn't work for me.
Today I installed Epic EU ROM. It promises a lot, better this and that, but again, some things don't work.
Tomorrow I'll flash the EU ROM and if that's not to my satisfaction I'll go back to the Global ROM, stable.
But it's nice to experiment! And find out what I want.