I Ordered One ;-)

Cool! i'm in Shenzhen, just over the river from you :p

Native or just visiting?

Born and raised here for most of my life :)

Side note: does anyone have issues with vibrate notifications? I get them with most apps but seems Gmail and Line notifications don't have any vibrations, only the popup or notification icon. Whatsapp and other apps do have vibrations like normal.

Born and raised here for most of my life :)

Side note: does anyone have issues with vibrate notifications? I get them with most apps but seems Gmail and Line notifications don't have any vibrations, only the popup or notification icon. Whatsapp and other apps do have vibrations like normal.

Check app permissions and notification settings? : )

Hi guys, from Portugal with my new MI MIX 2 6/128 here...
I got all that errors stated... 1008 and network too...
I'll try the solution on #20 (thank you) and see...
My MI Note 2 was left beyond with xiaomi.eu MIUI9... so I want this one on my phone too! :)

I'll report back.

PMoto

Yes... VPN on, in CHINA... connected...
I wonder... should I log out of MI account, lauch VPN, log in MI account and try again?
Will the log in MI account with VPN on do the diference???
I have a heavy MI acount with lots of stuff... log in/out is a pane...

I wonder... should I log out of MI account, lauch VPN, log in MI account and try again?

I had my MI account logged in already before doing the VPN.
After you have the VPN connected, go to one of those check your IP sites and see if it's really showing to be in China?
Or give the log in log out a shot...

I've try the Super VPN hotspot, but did not work... I select china, and try to add account and device, but the "connection and try again" error continues...

Is this the one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musjoy.pocketvpn&hl=pt-PT
?????

Thanks.

I had that problem as well, had to try lots of times, on different days, and at some point it just worked. I have no idea what the problem was, but it seemed to be a temporary issue. So maybe just keep trying...

I wonder if it's related to the 72 hour thing? Or is that strictly related to the unlock tool having to wait 72 hours for new accounts before you can unlock something?

One thing's for sure, it take some seconds before the error show, when the VPN is ON, so, it could be a traffic problem or so... Hummm
Not related to the 72 hours problem, because that's just counting after the first unlock request with the unlock application.

So, i'll keep trying... what a mess....
Thank you guys. I'll post back.

This is painful, tryied lots of times all morning...
The VPN is connected in china... all morning...
Hufff...

I am from portugal and i could do it with super vpn connected to china....i used super vpn-hotspot vpn proxy!!!!my only problem is where to find the Mi Mix 2 xiaomi.eu rom!!!!!just seeing for the original mix.....

So after a full week use, it is time to recap.
First of all I need to mention that I'm very happy with the phone. Most is working very well. Everyone I showed the phone was amazed and most want one themselves. On a normal day the battery is enough for me, but I think the battery life of my previous phone (mi 5 pro) was slightly better. But even on my long monday (half an hour navigation, an hour as hotspot for my laptop, then 9 hours of normal use (mostly phone c
Mi Mix 2 xiaomi.eu weekly rom, Here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu_multi_MIMix2_7.9.22_v9-7.1.zip/download

I'm still triyng, and i have that app too...
AnY clue? Tip?
You mentioned playstore, but the standard ROM does not contain the Google play store.. I kept the ROM (china stable) unchanged. Only set the language to english. I installed the Super VPN hotspot by side loading it first and the give permission for unknown sources. Maybe reboot first, install the vpn app set location to china and timezone as well. Start the VPN and check (with the browser) or you really in China now..
I have similar issues with other xiaomi stuff (gateway for home automation for example: only when I set it to china mainland I am able to use all features). You can also try to use the VPN over mobile data or over wifi. I did it over mobile data (I have unlimited data, so it is always on), but I think it will work over wifi as well. I hope you will be able to unlock it as well.
Also have a look in your mi account (i.mi.com) or you can see the phone there.

Agree... I was using my mi5 hás an hotspot to mi mix 2... And the vpn on mix 2... Try that way... Without sim card, Only using Wi fi and With the vpn on mix 2....i Have installed google play store and unknown sources permissions given.....
Good luck

I used the super VPN hotspot on wifi.

As to battery life, it's better than my (now 2yo) mi5, but i think it's fairly similar to the mi5 when it was brand new. 400mah more battery but also bigger screen...I think battery life for mix 2 is good enough, the first time I tried going from 100% to 0 I had almost 6h screen-on time.

OK, i made it... Mi phone is ready to unlock... must wait the 72 hours period.
The phone is with google app installed from mi store, no problems at all.
I use VPN connected (China location) over Wi-Fi with sim card...
So, after 50 attemps or more, I made it. So it works. Thank you for all the help.
Is 3 days it will have twrp and xiaomi.eu ROM.

Reactions: Kees
OK, i made it... Mi phone is ready to unlock... must wait the 72 hours period.
The phone is with google app installed from mi store, no problems at all.
I use VPN connected (China location) over Wi-Fi with sim card...
So, after 50 attemps or more, I made it. So it works. Thank you for all the help.
Is 3 days it will have twrp and xiaomi.eu ROM.
Did you have an issue where the Mi Unlock won't even recognize your phone? I was able to get it to recognize it once, then it got stuck at 50% with an unknown error, now Mi Unlock doesn't even show that it's connected, but Mi Flash does.

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I tried an old ass laptop and it recognized it. So I tried it again, and got stuck at 50%, so looks like I'll have to wait the 72 hours. Also, when did Mi Unlock start erasing data when unlocking?!

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

My phone is running Xiaomi.eu ROM already.
No problems at all.
You MUST use the latest unlocker version (ver 2.2.406.5)
50% is not acceptable. After attaching MI account with the Phone, 72 hours are running, and after that you can unlock with a 100% unlock running (and wipping the phone).

Hypothetical Question: When is Xiaomi going to learn to think International instead of Local?

They don't care about Europe, because in europe we have straight rules, certificates, and so on...
In china, they don't care about that... why spend money to certificate??? That's why.

Mix2 is only sold in China as of today. That should change by next week when they launch in Taiwan and HK.
That said, requiring a China IP to add a phone to mi account is indeed a bit strange...