I Ordered One ;-)

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi MIX 2' started by MarkHUK, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Been a long time since I owned a Xiaomi phone guys, but i've ordered a Mix2 directly from Xiaomi ;-)

knakworst likes this.
  2. Tangmu

TangmuMembers

Sep 13, 2017
    I'm back, in a new form! Xiaomi EU ROM on the Mix 2...Can't wait :cool:

3. darki

darkiMembers

May 3, 2016
    Ordered a Mi Mix 2, too! Will get it next week, long delivery times. I am excited!

4. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    I should get mine (256GB) next week as well. Can't really wait to see how it performs in real life (as opposed to just reviews and tests).
    Just have to wait for a release of the Xiaomi EU ROM...

5. PJF16

PJF16Members

Sep 19, 2017
    Male
    I ordered a Mi Mix 2 too in the 128GB version. I'm very excited because I love my Mi Mix 1.

@DarkKnight There's a Mi Mix 2 ROM already (see 7.9.14 - can't post a link because I have too less posts).

6. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    #6DarkKnight,Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Thanks for the hint! I had checked the list, but somehow missed it... Downloading already :)
    edit: looks like we don't have a TWRP yet, so no flashing currently.

7. Tangmu

TangmuMembers

Sep 13, 2017
    Hope you can review it soon @MarkHUK

A week later and I am still super jealous. The draw of the precious is too strong!

8. Kees

KeesMembers

Jun 3, 2013
    Male
    the Netherlands
    Will receive mine today! Allready have unlock permission, so hopefully can flash it today.

9. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    Just in case: TWRP is now available from the androidfilehost link in the weekly roms thread, has been uploaded yesterday it seems.

10. Kees

KeesMembers

Jun 3, 2013
    Male
    the Netherlands
    Just received, it is a very nice looking device. Tried to unlock it, but this is not working. I logged in into my mi account (on the device) set developermode, usb debugging on, OEM unlocking on and go to Mi Unlock status. If I click on 'Add account and device' I receive a message 10008: 参数错误、 请参考API文档 (I can not read chinese, but it seems to say : parameter error, see API documentation). This is not very helpfull. I have installed the latest stable version (do I need to install developer rom first? I can not find this). On other posts I read I should wait a few days because I am on stable ROM.. Anyone unlocked the mi mix 2 yet?

11. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    Since some time your device has to be linked to your MiAccount for a couple of hours (48?) before you can unlock it. I remember that wasn't necessary on Mi5, but Mi6 had me waiting.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

12. miuimao

miuimaoMembers

Dec 6, 2015
    Male
    Use "supervpn hotspot" App with chinese server and retry. It will work.

13. Kees

KeesMembers

Jun 3, 2013
    Male
    the Netherlands
    I installed it, and was able to add the device! So I tried to unlock again, new message: "Couldn't unlock, after 72 hours of trying to unlock the device'. It is not clear to me: does it mean I have waited to long or do i have to wait another 72 hours. The fun to own a Mix2 is less every day. Why does Xiaomi made it so difficult to flash there phones? The phones are very good (I own mi2, mi4, mi5, mi5s plus and now mix2) but it becomes more difficult to use them outsite china... Hope to find a solution for this next problem.

14. Sabsonic

SabsonicMembers

Saturday
    To quote the reddit wiki:
    "You will only be able to unlock if it's been more than 72 hours that you added your account and device. There's no way to get around this."

15. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    Got mine this morning. To be totally honest, the bezels are not that shocking small, especially at the sides. The bezels of the Mate 9 at the sides are thinner IMHO.
    But overall a very nice device, feels very high quality.

I've been trying to get the device registered, but even with Super VPN I only get an error, see attachment. Will probably just wait and play with the stock FW. [​IMG]

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

16. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    I just realized mine has MIUI 8.5 on it. Wasn't the Mix2 the first to be shipped with MIUI 9?

17. Kees

KeesMembers

Jun 3, 2013
    Male
    the Netherlands
    I did it without any SIM card in it (your message is not the same as I got). Try to remove the SIM cards (so you make sure only wifi connection is available). Set developer mode on and enable OEM unlock in the first screen. Install the supervpn hotspot and chose China and make connection. After I did this, everything was working. I updated the phone first, so had the latest stable China ROM installed.

18. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

They shipped with MIUI 8.4.x - I believe the public MIUI 9 beta is around now, at least I downloaded it and flashed via OTA method successfully yesterday evening.

About the unlocking issue, there is nothing else you can do but wait it out for the 72 hours or use a VPN to get round the auth issue for the first time. Remember they aren't trying to sell this phone internationally so the frustration is just something you need to bare for now if you want the latest and greatest.

For now im keeping the Bootloader locked, but given a few more weeks I may switch that :)

19. DarkKnight

DarkKnightMembers

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    I managed to register the device in my Mi Account, just had to try several times.
    But now, you mean tease... ;) Where'd you find a usable MIUI 9 version? I've been rummaging through a ton of sites and forums but couldn't dig it up.

Share Our Site