In Progress i9100 2.3.23 Miui v4 bugs

Nuja

Members
Nov 27, 2010
- As its based on LPQ sms are being sent twice
- When using reboot from toggles the next dialog is not themed.
- In alarm the tab name are in "white" with a "white" background

Thanks Mark for great work....
Would suggest if you can re-visit some options which is given below :
1. Setting --> Security -->>Privacy Protection -->> Protect Apps mode (gives FC when selecting any app)
2. Setting --> About Phone -->> Status (gives FC when selecting this option)
3. Flip to Silent option is missing.
4. Fine tuning is needed for Theme

Apart from the ones mentioned above and the different topics...
  1. Search App gives FC.
  2. 2g/3g toggle button still gives FC. (their chinese rom does not do it anymore)
  3. overall lots of lags. The smoothness in scrolling or homescreen is not just there. (It does improve a little bit if i turn off transitional and window animations in the development section).
Points 2 and 3 made me go back to 2.3.9. V4 just does not seem to be ready for daily use. Thank you for your efforts guys. Hope the next update solves these issues.

MarkHuk is there a lockscreen that is 100% in english? The one in the latest rom has the low battery warning in chinese.....

Also are you planning to translate the 2 parts in sms, favorite phrases and recommended?

Sent from my GT-I9100

My bug list :-
  1. FC in Settings -> About Phone -> Status
  2. Turns on & shows Torch app when device is waken. Reboots after a while
  3. Considerable lag while switching pages in the Launcher's homescreen
  4. LED doesn't work
  5. FC in Phone's Firewall

1. Setting --> Security -->>Privacy Protection -->> Protect Apps mode (gives FC when selecting any app)
2. Setting --> About Phone -->> Status (gives FC when selecting this option)
3. Flip to Silent option is missing.
4. Fine tuning is needed for Theme

1. I've reported this issue at Xiaomi's bug tracker internally
2. Can you click Report to MIUI and then click the send icon, get to the next screen then change the email address by scrolling up, end it to yourself then pastebin.com to the error report for that issue please.
3. Will soon be added when the MIUI Phone application is added in. It's currently the Stock Samsung one.
4. This is on the priority list to be resolved for all devices running ICS.

We will try to keep you updated where possible. Check the changelogs for other updates each week too.

MarkHuk is there a lockscreen that is 100% in english? The one in the latest rom has the low battery warning in chinese.....

Also are you planning to translate the 2 parts in sms, favorite phrases and recommended?

Sent from my GT-I9100
Download from News section, there is a post with the V4 lockscreen there.

Download from News section, there is a post with the V4 lockscreen there.

Thanks Mark, but the one i download from there is still not fully in english. When it goes to low battery it shows the low battery message in chinese. By the way, I really like the organize way you tackle each thread!!! Keep it up!

Also can you let us know what fix is going to be implemented for the fully chinese recommended/favorite phrases sections in messaging?

Thanks for the best rom out there. You are doing an awesome job.
Am i the only one who got probs with the lockscreen? When i boot, the Ls is there, but once i type in pin, its gone. I can only choose pin, pattern or password in settings, no slide. Flashlight doesnt work when pressing home button eighter.

Allso, updater finds v. 2.3.27 but theres alot of chinese letters and i cant update.

Other than that, works like a charm so far.

Cheers.

Thanks for the best rom out there. You are doing an awesome job.
Am i the only one who got probs with the lockscreen? When i boot, the Ls is there, but once i type in pin, its gone. I can only choose pin, pattern or password in settings, no slide. Flashlight doesnt work when pressing home button eighter.

Allso, updater finds v. 2.3.27 but theres alot of chinese letters and i cant update.

Other than that, works like a charm so far.

Cheers.

My updater only sees the 2.3.23 as latest version

Hi Prashant1569,

Thanks for taking the time to make logcats of these issues.

1) Going to check now.
2) Fix with re-introduction of AntiSpam.apk and other fixes added for this weeks Friday build.

Mark

Updated 1,

I have logged a bug report for this issue with Xiaomi. I'm marking this thread as in progress. Will update if I hear anything.

Thanks,

Mark

Confirmed as well, this weeks build is currently using:

3.0.15-I9100XLP7-CL233393

1- There is an FC when you open the dialog to select an image for using in background. You can put an image in background only If you select directly the image. SGSII
2- Enabling fonts of some themes makes the phone loop bot

1- There is an FC when you open the dialog to select an image for using in background. You can put an image in background only If you select directly the image. SGSII
2- Enabling fonts of some themes makes the phone loop bot

All these bugs packed into all these topics. It is easier if you post new topics for bugs.