ICS20 Stable issue

Wolf230

Members
Oct 3, 2012
Hi all,

i've just upgraded my MIUI M1.S to the stable vers.ICS20, and iv'e found this issue:

- cant detect my location based on network (or wifi)
- high battery consumption from the phont (i think is the "cell standby"; but i've to investigate)

Someonelse has got these problems?

Thanks

Ps: i've tried the stock ICS.....and wow (2h screen ON,3g, gtalk-facebook-3mailaccount in push,whattsapp, skype) It drops -20% of battery in 4h (MONSTER)

Hi,

I have xiaomi M1s, bought just one month back, i started from ICS18 and now on 20, i am facing the same problem as you with battery life, to be frank i have not seen better battery performance even with 18 and 19, my battery life barely work for a day even after moderate usage (1-2hrs on screen [games,internet,gps,wifi]) so according to you in which version battery works perfect.

on GPS problem, i never get lock indoor, even if i am near the window or sometimes even in a car, also whenever i am in open need to use gpsfix app to fix the location, any know solution for this problem?

last question on ICS stock rom, how can i downgrade i to stock ICS and when you mean stock is it MIUI stock ROM or default google ICS?

it has a built in cpu speed limiter to save battery, and a better/improved gps functions...

What are you meaning when speaking about "cpu speed limiter"?

It's like a "Idle state" or more similar to a "Downclock" ? thanks

To other people: it's the chinese version that does not allows A-Gps into the "*locationmanager.apk" (or whatelse it's called), i've fixed it flashing the G-Apps.

To other people: it's the chinese version that does not allows A-Gps into the "*locationmanager.apk" (or whatelse it's called), i've fixed it flashing the G-Apps.

well its not as versatile as setcpu if you.kno what that does…

however it can change ur min and max cpu frequency…honestly i think 1.2 ghz is more than enough for most stuff…

if you dont want to flash the entire rom, you can just flash his Control_Panel app.. thats' the one that has the cpu throttling option.
http://www.miuiaustralia.com/?p=358

from where do i download stock ICS.

now i have australia rom on partition one and miuiandroid rom on second one, does any one have origional dual boot recovery of xiaomi?

thank you, i just bricked my device, miflash is the utility to restore origional chinise rom through fastboot?

this links take me to MIUI rom downlaods, what i am looking for is, stock ICS rom, without MIUI.

nevermind, i found it on chinise site, somehow "android" tab is not visibal on translated page, thanks.

which G-apps you used to fix A-GPS on chinise rom, i tried gapps fron http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
but it didn't help