New Ido 7.2.9 Missing Emergency Broadcasts

Would you like to be able to use the emergency broadcasts option?

• Total voters

Mecallie

Members
Jul 22, 2011
Hi,

The emergency broadcasts (presidential alerts, cmas, amber alert, tsunamy warning) seem to be missing from my Redmi 3 Pro. When I do a search under settings it finds the option, but I cannot open that item. Nor do I see it when I browse to Settings -- More, it is simply not there.

The cell broadcast system is used in case of major (national) emergencies such as tsunamis, tornado's, and other disasters. This is not something used only in The Netherlands, but in a lot of countries. I know this option is available on some MIUI (official?) roms, so it cannot be that hard to activate.

I really hope someone can fix this option so all Xiaomi.EU users can use it again.
If I can help in any way please let me know. I really hope we get a reply from one of the developers this time, since a lot of users are asking about this (do a search for emergency broadcasts, cmas or cell broadcast)!

Attachments

• cmas.jpg
    cmas.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 547
No one is willing to take a look at this? All EU/US manufacterers (or resellers) need to have this option enabled, otherwise they are not allowed to sell the phone. If Xiaomi wants to ever expand to the EU/US I think it is important to enable this option again...