Install Eu Rom On Redmi Note 4 (mtk)

Tuvyah

Members
Apr 23, 2017
Hi,
I'm trying to install eu rom (for few weeks now) on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 MediaTek (code Nikel as I understood) that I bought in China.
I already unlocked the bootloader via 'en.miui. com/unlock', installed ADB & Fastboot.
I know how to enter fast boot mode and run adb/fastboot commands.
I'm trying to understand what's next.
Install TWRP recovery? if so, which version?

I tried to follow this guide:
'forum.xda-developers. com/redmi-note-4/how-to/guide-redmi-note-4-unlock-bootloader-t3517806'
I didn't install official china rom, because I already on it,
but when I unzipped the rom I downloaded here, named:
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_V8.1.8.0.MBFCNDI_v8-6.0.zip
I couldn't find any 'image' folder in order to replace 'CUST.IMG' file
Do I need to use SP Flash Tool or is there an easier way?

This is all new to me, I tried to read a lot of posts on how to do it but I think I got confused in the process.
I also post help request in xda-dev site but no one reply.
Please help, a little guidance will be much appreciated
Thank you

P.S
I'm new here so I can't post any links
removed the space before 'com' for the link to work

Hi,
I'm trying to install eu rom (for few weeks now) on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 MediaTek (code Nikel as I understood) that I bought in China.
I already unlocked the bootloader via 'en.miui. com/unlock', installed ADB & Fastboot.
I know how to enter fast boot mode and run adb/fastboot commands.
I'm trying to understand what's next.
Install TWRP recovery? if so, which version?

I tried to follow this guide:
'forum.xda-developers. com/redmi-note-4/how-to/guide-redmi-note-4-unlock-bootloader-t3517806'
I didn't install official china rom, because I already on it,
but when I unzipped the rom I downloaded here, named:
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_V8.1.8.0.MBFCNDI_v8-6.0.zip
I couldn't find any 'image' folder in order to replace 'CUST.IMG' file
Do I need to use SP Flash Tool or is there an easier way?

This is all new to me, I tried to read a lot of posts on how to do it but I think I got confused in the process.
I also post help request in xda-dev site but no one reply.
Please help, a little guidance will be much appreciated
Thank you

P.S
I'm new here so I can't post any links
removed the space before 'com' for the link to work

I' ve installed the latest eu rom for Redmi Note 4 MTK, 8.5.5.0. I had TWRP and SuperSu for root.
With the rom update I've lost TWRP and root.
I' m trying to install TWRP as I did before with Flasher Toolkit Nikel V3 without success. Although when I run the program, everything seems fine with the installation, when the device boots it doesn' t enter in TWRP. Samething, when I boot with "Vol +" and power, nothing happens. Just show the MI image, and restart normally. So, without injecting supersu in TWRP, I can' t root the device!!!!!

EDIT: Made it!!!! I managed to boot in TWRP using MIUI Updater!

Last edited:
I' ve installed the latest eu rom for Redmi Note 4 MTK, 8.5.5.0. I had TWRP and SuperSu for root.
With the rom update I've lost TWRP and root.
I' m trying to install TWRP as I did before with Flasher Toolkit Nikel V3 without success. Although when I run the program, everything seems fine with the installation, when the device boots it doesn' t enter in TWRP. Samething, when I boot with "Vol +" and power, nothing happens. Just show the MI image, and restart normally. So, without injecting supersu in TWRP, I can' t root the device!!!!!

EDIT: Made it!!!! I managed to boot in TWRP using MIUI Updater!

Hey brother
Can you give me the link of miui8.5.5 for redmi note 4 mtk