Install Twrp?

Gabe9

Members
Dec 13, 2015
Hi guys I'm trying to install the TWRP rom but in the zip file there are 2 images: one is recovery and one is boot... Should I install the recovery only? What's that file?
Thanks

Usually we install complete xxxxxx.zip file, use flashify apk or with updater (three dots in right upper corner)

RN2 prime - tapatalk

I have no root on my phone, the zip for gemini contains also a "boot file" what's that file? should I have to remove it?

I tried to enter recovery from system and it appears to connect a mi device to the pc.. so i think there is no recovery now on the phone

EDIT: Guys I suceeded in installing the recovery but I have a problem... Recovery does not see anything in the phone... It seems that it's empty... sd card is empy and all folders seems to be empy.. How can I solve that?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
I tried to enter recovery from system and it appears to connect a mi device to the pc.. so i think there is no recovery now on the phone

EDIT: Guys I suceeded in installing the recovery but I have a problem... Recovery does not see anything in the phone... It seems that it's empty... sd card is empy and all folders seems to be empy.. How can I solve that?
Thanks a lot
because your phone is still encrypted..
You need to format data.
What rom do you have?

Reactions: Gabe9
because your phone is still encrypted..
You need to format data.
What rom do you have?

Ok, NowI have china developer but I'm really scared about formatting data cause Twrp is still unusable and formatting data will delete all things in my phone

EDIT: I tried to wipe all things but the system with no success.. It says failed to mount everything

why don't you install the miflash rom that will do all for you ? (select 'flash all' and enjoy your mi5),
I recommend 7.2.13 awesome.

Reactions: graw2