Instruction, How To Fix Google Market Error 963 Part 1

This might work only and only if you have correct system partition. But I never saw situation when having correct system partition anyone got 963 error. This is not let's say GP error. It's an error caused by wrongly flashed ROM.

I had the same problem with google play error 963.
Below combination fixed play error 963 on my tablet. It's time consuming, I think it is faster way to fix it, but I don't have time to check it.

1' Install last stable rom via fastboot (only via fastboot: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html)
2' steps from here (including version 6.3.19) https://miuipolska.pl/forum/topic/10054-miui-polska-dla-mi-pad-2/?do=findComment&comment=154739
3' fix google play: https://miuipolska.pl/forum/topic/10054-miui-polska-dla-mi-pad-2/?page=3#comment-155516
4' check if google play works
5' install xiaomi eu 6.4.7 via twrp..

MIUI 6.4.7 works stable, I found one issue with that version.
App: Internet (web browser) from MIUI doesn't work. I installed google chrome and it's work fine and stable

Last edited:
I Flash all data with miflash after that i install Xiaomi.eu ROM and its solves the error. Excellent ROM very pleased to dev team

If anyone still have 963 error, please write here. We can test more simple way how potentially fix this error.

I have the problem with the error and I can’t solve it. I tried the solution with the Native-release but didn’t solve it may I did something worn.

I found by myself that all the versions of playstore before v.5 are working fine without this error. So I install the version 4.9 and its works great but the problem is that the play store app is auto updating to the last version with the error. Every time I want to use the play store I uninstall the last version and I install the v4.9.

apkmirror. com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-4-9-13-3-release/google-play-store-4-9-13-android-apk-download/

I have the 963 error after I unlock the bootloader when I was on stable version before the unlock didn’t have it. But all versions of Google play before v.5 are working without this error.

If we found why the old versions are working without the error we may solve it.

Last edited:
I just say that for those how have the error 963 like me and they can’t download apps from play a very easy solution is to uninstall the play store and install any version of play store before Version 5. This is a temporary solution I found for this error but the problem is that the play store app is auto updating to the last and the error come back.

I don’t know why but the order versions of play store doesn’t have that error.

Like kostas I can't fix this error so i have to install apk without using play store
After auto update of the play store (using Google installer) i have this 963 error..
Flash rom, gapps etc.. no solution

Let's try new solution.
1. Download userdata.img from here https://pucina.dedyn.io:5001/fbsharing/Nn5tEnVA
2. Then boot into fastboot and from PC run this "fastboot flash data userdata.img"
3. Reinstall market using Google installer v2.0 https://pucina.dedyn.io:5001/fbsharing/TkVvxuJ1

Potentially market should work. Before doing this I suggest to remove Google services from your device.
All you doing - you doing at your own risk. Before asking about fastboot - look into first post of this topic.
Please, inform, about results.

Last edited:
Reactions: realtebo
DartH RaZi3L install the APKPure APK it will help you a lot to download apps or update apps.
apkpure.com /apkpure/com.apkpure.aegon

And if you like to use the play store uninstall the version that you have on your phone and install this
apkmirror. com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-4-9-13-3-release/google-play-store-4-9-13-android-apk-download/
It will work for some time.

Papka I will try it and I will report the results.

Last edited:
Omg I finally fixed it I love you Papka.
· I took a back up
· I flash userdata.img
· After the reboot I saw the lollipop welcome screen asking me to select a language but when I was choosing English I getting an error that setting is crashed.
· After the userdata.img flash a lost all my data.
· I flash Twrp I found on your threat
· I flash 6.4.7 eu rom. This rom has buld in Gapps
· I restore back my data.

Last edited:
Ok. Of course flashing userdata you will loose all your data. My fault not to warn....
"After the reboot I saw the lollipop welcome screen asking me to select a language but when I was choosing English I getting an error that setting is crashed." - this is probably because I took userdata from native android...
" I flash Twrp I found on your threat" - you flashed or re-flashed TWRP? if re-flashed, then why? TWRP should not be touched.
" I flash 6.47 eu rom. This rom has buld in Gapps" - yeah. this is another option if you would like to have Gapps as system. But when you will update to latest xiaomi.eu you will loose Gapps and you will need to use Google installer.

I couldn’t boot in TWRP with buttons combination an I used the archive you have that is rebooting into TWRP recovery after installation.
I flash 6.4.7 because for me is working great the new ones have problems with multitasking.

Thanks again I had this problem one mouth now and you save me.

Thank you papka, for your solution.
Both methods worked for me for the google play store (one with native android, one with only userdata).
The only problem is, that when I flash either native android or just userdata and later the xiaomi eu image my device has only about 9 GB free storage left although I have the 64 GB Version. The system info in settings confirms, that it is the 64 GB device but with just 9 GB left available.
I also did a factory reset and wiped all data, but nothing changed.
I also repeated the whole procedure several times, but with no success at the end.
My procedure:
Win10-> oem unlock->official miui stable 7.2.1 (58 GB free of 64 GB) -> oem lock -> official miui developer (still 58 GB free) -> oem unlock -> native android or userdata img -> twrp ->xiaomi eu (9GB free of 64 GB).

Perhaps anyone has the same problem and can help me how to increase the partition size

Hmm... I saw somewhere such problem and there were instruction how to resolve. I will search for and will be back later....

I suppose it's because that the userdata may be for the 16 GB device and not for the 64 GB version.

I solved the problem now by installing the xiaomi global rom (MIUI7-V5.12.24-Global_5.1) instead of the native android and afterwards the xiaomi.eu via twrp.

now playstore is still running fine and the storage is correctly specified by 64 GB (58 gb free). :) :) :)

Mine is 64 GB and after flashing the userdata from papka's post 61 the free space was 58 GB and the problem was solved.

Do you use the latest rom version of xiaomi eu with manually installed google play store or one of the older ones with the play store preinstalled?

I suppose it's because that the userdata may be for the 16 GB device and not for the 64 GB version.

I solved the problem now by installing the xiaomi global rom (MIUI7-V5.12.24-Global_5.1) instead of the native android and afterwards the xiaomi.eu via twrp.

now playstore is still running fine and the storage is correctly specified by 64 GB (58 gb free). :) :) :)

So. Potentially, source of the problem is gpt.bin, that differs for Windows. When you moved from windows, full flash of original ROM should be done for the first. then Android version of gpd.bin will be flashed and all will be correct.
Native android/userdata.img is only to resolve 963 error. It's not fixing all wincrap.