Is anyone else going to skip Gingerbread because of how good MIUI looks?

I'm going to stick with MIUI unless they add something irresistible, which they wont.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Miui mite just base there's on 2.3 and use extra features from it

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I'll probably nandroid my MIUI install to check it out, then switch back when I get bored.

Probably stick with MIUI unless something spectacular that we haven't heard about comes out of Gingerbread.

Hi!
Sorry, I dont speak english...
I found the English Pack for Milestone - Miui 0.11.19 english pack here: link

But i dont find the Miui 0.11.19 base pack for Motorola Milestone. Where is it?
Txh!

I love MIUI, Google should hire the Miui team instead of adding color to the notification icons!

ill try ginger, but will probably come back and hope for a fast source release, and fast "use" of it for miui. (IF there are usefull features :p), mostly because of the functionality, not the looks of miui.

ill try ginger, but will probably come back and hope for a fast source release, and fast "use" of it for miui. (IF there are usefull features :p), mostly because of the functionality, not the looks of miui.

Well I mean, MIUI is all about the UI

Do you really think its just a user interface?

That's its main focus, yes. Not that it really matters in this case. I just thought it would at least influence your return to the rom considering it's the primary focus of the developers.

gingerbread...yayy...another boring aosp.no thanks @FTL,the only thing worse is sense...innovation is the key to success. U I is an integral part of that here;AS WELL AS performance,utililty,and customization....step ur game up @google...

That's its main focus, yes. Not that it really matters in this case. I just thought it would at least influence your return to the rom considering it's the primary focus of the developers.

can you get a any miui dev to come here to back you up ?

i mean... i see a nice ui, but that nice UI packs tons of features unique (or better implemented) in this particular rom... The stock Kernel has the better battery life i have seen on my nexus, the screen "goes crazy" way less often on miui, etc.

At least for me, the eye candy (welcomed) is really down on the top reasons for using this rom.

I can't tell how good will Gingerbread be from few screenshots. So far i am so good with MIUI, but i will probably not skip gingerbread. I can always come back to MIUI.

I'm confused as to why people are distinguishing between Gingerbread and MIUI. Why do you have to choose? Wouldn't MIUI just base the ROM off of Gingerbread? I realize it won't be like the native Gingerbread UI, but I don't think Gingerbread will be much different from Froyo, anyway. Who knows? Maybe Gingerbread will have some neat, new UI capabilies that will let the MIUI team make this ROM even more kickass. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm confused as to why people are distinguishing between Gingerbread and MIUI. Why do you have to choose? Wouldn't MIUI just base the ROM off of Gingerbread? I realize it won't be like the native Gingerbread UI, but I don't think Gingerbread will be much different from Froyo, anyway. Who knows? Maybe Gingerbread will have some neat, new UI capabilies that will let the MIUI team make this ROM even more kickass. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

i hope Gingerbread will be much different from Froyo even if it will be android 2.3...
anyway only time will tell, so far i am so much into MIUI.
because of few bugs i came back to cyanogenmod but after a touch, it is so hard to not come back to MIUI

i hope Gingerbread will be much different from Froyo even if it will be android 2.3...
anyway only time will tell, so far i am so much into MIUI.
because of few bugs i came back to cyanogenmod but after a touch, it is so hard to not come back to MIUI

It doesn't look much different.

They added colored notification bar icons and somehow made the dialer even uglier.