Is it possible to import Xiaomi Mi3's camera app into mi2/2s?

blackysan

Members
Oct 18, 2013
Does anybody know is it possible the extract the Camera app from the Mi3 into a apk file? or is it possible to implant the settings onto mi2/2s' camera app via custom rom? that would be so awesome if somebody make it possible

full MANUAL control of shutter speed, focus point, ev, supports scenes selections, supports RAW format. that's DSLR stuff right there and we want it working in our Mi2/Mi2s~!
Are you sure that these features are only "software" features?
or are them linked to hardware?

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi Mi-5f (f sta per fun,non per fan)...con tapatalk 26°

We need the rom source code since the Mi3 is using the exact same sony sensor as the Mi2s 32GB. In fact this Mi3 app has the same functions that CM 10.2 put into the Xperia Z rom's camera app (ie...shutter speed control). We could look at the CM 10.2 camera driver or hal code to see if those parameters could be added to the Mi2s rom. It starting to make sense why the low framerate "bug" with the Mi2s 32gb has been "overlooked" on github for so long now.

Reactions: Ouroboros and xeGox
you can decompile and diff both apps but since u're talking about the tegra3 mi3 it should be very different.

I ported mi3 camera to mi2 but it's kinda useless because the new features need a implementation in the closed source libs.
Maybe we should just wait for the kk release.

so even the WCDMA mi3 camera app is useless in mi2? is it because of different Android version. wcdma mi3 4.3 and mi2 4.1?

We need the rom source code since the Mi3 is using the exact same sony sensor as the Mi2s 32GB. In fact this Mi3 app has the same functions that CM 10.2 put into the Xperia Z rom's camera app (ie...shutter speed control). We could look at the CM 10.2 camera driver or hal code to see if those parameters could be added to the Mi2s rom. It starting to make sense why the low framerate "bug" with the Mi2s 32gb has been "overlooked" on github for so long now.
I think we can't say it's an hardware problem if the Mi3 share the same sensor, there's a problem with the camera driver, but I'd like to know if Xiaomi peoples can read bugs we report, because 6 month after the report there's no fix and no communication at all.