Is it recommended to upgrade to 8.9.13?

Is it recommended to upgrade to 8.9.13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thongkh

Members
Jun 8, 2017
Dear Mi8 8.9.13 user,
I found that there are positive and negative feedbacks about 8.9.13 for Mi8.
some mention lots of bugs and unusable, some said its great ROM o_O

Is it recommended to upgrade to 8.9.13 for Mi8?

btw, :emoji_thinking: anyone tested 8.9.13 for the following?
1) android auto, is there black bar still there?
2) second space, the Bluetooth works for both spaces?

please advise. thanks. :emoji_pray:

I had it installed for few minutes and faced some issues with missing notifications for telegram and WhatsApp, some users reported the same, don't know if all users are affected. Bootup time is very long compared to the last beta with android O.

By the way, can't see any optical difference nor added features between 8.9.13 and 8.8.30. Its just Android P under the hood of Xiaomis Miui10.
Some users see some issues with camera connection after switching to 8.9.13, i didn't have that.

I rolled back to 8.8.30 mainly of missing whats app and telegram notifications

By the way, a dirty flash is not possible at this time, you need to wipe the data partition and its a mess to reconfigure the whole smartphone again.... (banking apps, google pay etc ....)
if at least the cloud backup would work....

I#ll wait some weeks and give it a next try.

I had it installed for few minutes and faced some issues with missing notifications for telegram and WhatsApp, some users reported the same, don't know if all users are affected. Bootup time is very long compared to the last beta with android O.

By the way, can't see any optical difference nor added features between 8.9.13 and 8.8.30. Its just Android P under the hood of Xiaomis Miui10.
Some users see some issues with camera connection after switching to 8.9.13, i didn't have that.

By the way, a dirty flash is not possible at this time, you need to wipe the data partition and its a mess to reconfigure the whole smartphone again.... (banking apps, google pay etc ....)

Thanks for the advise

1 Android Auto shows correctly now. My problem seems to be that there does not come a notification of whatsapp messages in android auto... anybody else with this issue?

Reactions: thongkh
One thing that bugs me is no YouTube PIP. Or at least mine doesn't work can get sound but no video. Also Spotify and pocketcasts do the work in android auto.

Sorry for digressing, but can you share your mi8 recovery? My twrp keeps rebooting whenever I insert usb cable or OTG device

I'm using it normally, but I'm also experiencing a delay in boot time and some problems with notifications.

thanks all for the feedback for 8.9.13 :)

MIUI 10 8.9.20 released, anyone tried? like to know can i do dirty flash from 8.8.30. please advice. thanks.

Last edited:
This happens to me as well, on Oreo. Sometimes going to settings app then other apps forces the PIP window to show, but it doesn't always work.

Ya I figured out this to make it work, anything from notification shade will make PIP work.

I just attempted to dirty flash from 8.8.24 and it boot loop for me. Don't know what's wrong with it.

i think from Android O to P, u need to do clean flash.
do factory reset via TWRP and it should boot

i did Clean flash from 8.8.30 to 8.9.20 and it works great, despite some bugs still there

but 8.9.13 /8.9.20 still no notifications on lockscreen right ?

I think I will upgrade when notificaitons are working

i think from Android O to P, u need to do clean flash.
do factory reset via TWRP and it should boot

i did Clean flash from 8.8.30 to 8.9.20 and it works great, despite some bugs still there

"Clean flash" means that all your personal data and apps will be deleted, right?