Is The Mi Pad 3 Is Still Being Updated?

Kraker

Members
Sep 14, 2017
Saw the devices list and the Mi Pad 3 is EOL, is there any reason why the Mi Pad 3 was EOL so early?,

I think it's enough users...

PGbDT3P.png

OgQV2

Reactions: otter and inigoml
The last version of Mi Pad 3 firmware is 7.9.14 (china version), the up-to-date version !!!

In official sites/forum miui. miui.com and en.miui.com subforum download.
But its china dev rom, not xiaomi.eu
Have chinese and engliah language only and apps from china roms. Not have included gapps too.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

In official sites/forum miui. miui.com and en.miui.com subforum download.
But its china dev rom, not xiaomi.eu
Have chinese and engliah language only and apps from china roms. Not have included gapps too.

That's the point. xiaomi.eu has EOL'd their support so there is no xiaomi.eu version of this ROM.

Reactions: zeork
WTF !?????????
You can read please ? EOL is Bootloader unlocked from origin LMAO
Who talk about discontinue the device ..... i think you need to learn read LMAO
Plese close this stupid thread
screenshot_2049.png

Reactions: inigoml
Really ?
Im in a 400 member Telegram Group ....do you know how many had unlocked the BootLoader ??
NOBODY !!!! Because the bootloader come unlocked from Factory !!
You can check this information here
As far as I understand it the EoL thing has nothing to do with the bootloader and means that Xiaomi.eu are no longer their improve versions of the China dev ROM.

Reactions: Mel-e and zeork
As far as I understand it the EoL thing has nothing to do with the bootloader and means that Xiaomi.eu are no longer their improve versions of the China dev ROM.

Yes, that's exactly what it means.
@xales74 hasn't read the patch notes for 7.9.14. In there it is stated that there will be no more updates for Mi Pad 2 and 3 and they have declared it End of Life :(
Without saying why, there is just no guessing why. I've asked in that thread and i hope i will receive a response.

Reactions: Mel-e
@xales74 hasn't read the patch notes for 7.9.14. In there it is stated that there will be no more updates for Mi Pad 2 and 3 and they have declared it End of Life :(
Without saying why, there is just no guessing why. I've asked in that thread and i hope i will receive a response.
What is the languages included into the China Dev Rom ?

Reactions: mike eleres
Damn, I was hoping I was wrong, only bought this tablet a month ago because I thought it was going to be getting regular non-chinese updates for awhile.

Sorry guys, we have no more free time to take care of tablets and debug them.. currently we spend more than 11 hours (nonstop) on building 35 devices every week... and more phones will come soon... tablets doesn't get new functions or android base updates at all... lets call them "Experiments" from Xiaomi side.. Tegra, Intel, MTK SoC... Tablets are primary for consume Internet and play games.. what else do you need there to do..? They didnt receive any new features for ages.. Dont worry, they will not explode if you stay on one ROM version.. or move to any other roms.. Good luck.. Peace..

English and Chinese only, and with a bunch of Chinese apps that we can't even use wasting space and memory.
All apps without 2-3 we can unistall. I use china dev roms on phone and mi pad 2 more than 2 years and work good.

Sorry guys, we have no more free time to take care of tablets and debug them.. currently we spend more than 11 hours (nonstop) on building 35 devices every week... and more phones will come soon... tablets doesn't get new functions or android base updates at all... lets call them "Experiments" from Xiaomi side.. Tegra, Intel, MTK SoC... Tablets are primary for consume Internet and play games.. what else do you need there to do..? They didnt receive any new features for ages.. Dont worry, they will not explode if you stay on one ROM version.. or move to any other roms.. Good luck.. Peace..
A think thats good move and i think next good move will be EOL VIRGO(MI NOTE), because 2 years with rotate bug in apps will be no fix, because china not use gapps. Bug with bt etc.

Many people complains about the slow operation and reloading of applications and desktop on MI4C and looking for alternatives among customs base pure android example RR.

Last edited by a moderator:
English and Chinese only, and with a bunch of Chinese apps that we can't even use wasting space and memory.

Wasting space and memory isn't the biggest issue. The biggest issue is no use of Google apps.

I understand from the perspective of new functionality. However, there is the other issue of security updates. Is there a way to implement security fixes at least?

Reactions: seaeyes
Wasting space and memory isn't the biggest issue. The biggest issue is no use of Google apps.

I understand from the perspective of new functionality. However, there is the other issue of security updates. Is there a way to implement security fixes at least?
Its not true, we can install gapps and work fine. We can uninstall chinese app or off.
Thread with tips how install gapps on china dev and stable rom on phones and mi pad
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=579953

One the good things of xiaomi devices is the endless software support. I know .eu is not xiaomi itself and a project run by volunteers, but it would be great if we can at least count on irregular updates.

I understand all of the reasoning above. It would however be nice if a subset of devices would be at least supported through stable builds. Fewer releases, but at least supported. I don't need bleeding edge (both for tablet and phone) but up-to-date security patches is a must.