Is there a way to disable dm-verity?

dontmakefum

Members
Mar 15, 2021
I am using a MI 11 with xiaomi.eu installed and I want to get r/w access for the /system partition and it is giving me the dev/block/dm-0 is read-only error. I have tried everything, except turning off dm-verity. Does anyone know how to do this on the latest xiaomi.eu stable release?

I am using a MI 11 with xiaomi.eu installed and I want to get r/w access for the /system partition and it is giving me the dev/block/dm-0 is read-only error. I have tried everything, except turning off dm-verity. Does anyone know how to do this on the latest xiaomi.eu stable release?
If you want good use of EU rom, don't touch at system r/w.
And better forget all stuff around debloating things....

If you do not know what you are doing, just do not do that...

Dynamic partitions use shared blocks for storing data, and are marked as read-only on creation. Which means even if you could remove the read-only flag, you still can't touch any file safely (due to the shared blocks) and you won't be able to add much because dynamic partitions are sized to content, without much unused space.
What does dm-verity has anything to do with that is beyond me, you're just eager to get your device bricked as fast as possible.

Dynamic partitions use shared blocks for storing data, and are marked as read-only on creation. Which means even if you could remove the read-only flag, you still can't touch any file safely (due to the shared blocks) and you won't be able to add much because dynamic partitions are sized to content, without much unused space.
What does dm-verity has anything to do with that is beyond me, you're just eager to get your device bricked as fast as possible.
Oh. Thank you for explaining it to me.