Is this phone compatible with wifi N?

Herz3h

Members
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,

I ordered this phone one month ago, and i never managed to get a net speed above 400ko/s.....So i'm wondering if the phone is really compatible with wifi N? I've tried with other laptops and phones, and i get a good net speed when i connect to same access point.

Edit : Forgot to mention i've updated rom to v5 already.

Thanks in advance.

Running miui 3.3.22 from miuiandroid - 40+ mbit over wifi with wpa2 from router tplink wr1043nd running openwrt.
net speed depends on how much traffic the other end provides, badly configured wifi router, etc...
to answer your question straight - yes, Xiaomi MI2 supports wifi N standard, connects blazing fast :)

Reactions: afterburner
Well as i said, when i use my sister's galaxy SII i get full wifi speed but on xiaomi cant go above 400ko/s.....It's weird

Not sure but try switching power modes - power saving , normal and max power, no idea what can be culprit on your end.

power mode ? you mean for wifi (is there any?)or power mode of phone in general?

I meant the phone, somewhere on the forums it's also mentioned going to airplane mode and then back to normal might help in some cases. This wifi behaviour is really weird. I hope it's gone soon.

Herz3h

I've tested right now in my Buffalo router only N network and my Mi-2 worked as usual, if you can't get the full speed network on you wireless might be some settings that are holding your performance.