Issue with Amazon Prime Video HD

danilomazzaro

Members
Oct 7, 2019
I'm are facing one issue with Amazon Prime HD.
After my device are turned back from K20Pro to Mi9T Pro, my Netflix works as a charm with full HD and some contents in HDR too. But, My Amazon Prime Video works only on 0.46GB/hour (probably 480p) on higher quality available.
I did some searchs and I founded some possibilities, but not concrete/solid.

I have:
Mi9T Pro
Without root
without magisk
With Widevine L1
Running Miui Eu 12.1 (20.7.23) in a totaly clean install
HFC 250Mb internet connection

Some extra info:
When I'm facing Prime Video catalog, some contents have the HD or HDR content icon, but on streaming/download the quality is worst.
I did not see this issue on Mi8 (probalby its not an Miui Eu Issue) or Iphone 8 Plus (probably its not a region/connection issue).
I did not have this issue on lasts Miui Eu when my device was K20 Pro, but on this same versions my netflix wasn't HD (I even stopped using netflix for that reason, so I don't have solid data on when it started working back in HD correctly).

So, I always find fragmented information about it, I think this issue deserves a specific thread and whoever has this issue can find the solution here (in case we find the correct way to fix it).

Screenshots:
Device model and Miui version:
Screenshot_2020-07-25-10-14-53-130_com.android.settings.jpg

Widevine L1:
Screenshot_2020-07-25-10-15-40-068_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg

Netflix App Report:
Screenshot_2020-07-25-10-16-06-952_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg

Amazon Prime HD/HDR Labels ( but wont work on download/streaming)
Screenshot_2020-07-25-10-17-01-591_com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient.jpg

Thanks @Poney70, did your sugestion and it work perfectly. Some components still are showing "Mi9T Pro" but this is not a problem.
The Amazon Prime Video now works on HD and Netflix too. You are awesome.
To someone with this problem, you can flash the zip on @Poney70 thread with exaclty steps on this thread:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-9t-pro-to-redmi-k20-pro-conversion-patch-miui-11-12.56158/

I recomend anyone to read the thread on link to know clearly any detail of the procedure, but in a quick step by step I did this:

Mi9T Pro running Miui Eu 12 Beta 20.7.23 (Unrooted)

-I did the all steps flashing "TWRP_Mi9TPro_to_K20Pro_MIUI_12_v1.0_Safe_Conversion.zip" file
- I did not select the "Reboot device after flash"
- After flash, I click on "Wipe Dalvik/Cache"
- Reboot the device (It takes 2~3 min)
- Hold "Prime video" incon, click on "App Info.", and on below you will click on "Clear Data"-> "Clear all data"

Now my device is K20 Pro, Prime video and Netflix work in Full HD
I did not have any issues with fingerprint / bank apps / Gpay
My Miui camera still show "Mi 9T PRO" on watermark (this is just an observation, I don't care about it, but maybe someone worries about it, because I don't even use the native camera app).

• Love
Reactions: Poney70
Thanks @Poney70, did your sugestion and it work perfectly. Some components still are showing "Mi9T Pro" but this is not a problem.
The Amazon Prime Video now works on HD and Netflix too. You are awesome.
To someone with this problem, you can flash the zip on @Poney70 thread with exaclty steps on this thread:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-9t-pro-to-redmi-k20-pro-conversion-patch-miui-11-12.56158/

I recomend anyone to read the thread on link to know clearly any detail of the procedure, but in a quick step by step I did this:

Mi9T Pro running Miui Eu 12 Beta 20.7.23 (Unrooted)

-I did the all steps flashing "TWRP_Mi9TPro_to_K20Pro_MIUI_12_v1.0_Safe_Conversion.zip" file
- I did not select the "Reboot device after flash"
- After flash, I click on "Wipe Dalvik/Cache"
- Reboot the device (It takes 2~3 min)
- Hold "Prime video" incon, click on "App Info.", and on below you will click on "Clear Data"-> "Clear all data"

Now my device is K20 Pro, Prime video and Netflix work in Full HD
I did not have any issues with fingerprint / bank apps / Gpay
My Miui camera still show "Mi 9T PRO" on watermark (this is just an observation, I don't care about it, but maybe someone worries about it, because I don't even use the native camera app).
Have you played content in hdr with this solution? I only achieve full hd

Reactions: danilomazzaro
Have you played content in hdr with this solution? I only achieve full hd
I did not properly know. When I play some HDR content on YouTube, if I change the orientation, I see some contrast glitches of HDR turning on/off. I did not see that on Amazon prime, so I believe this is not working on HDR. Do you know if Amazon prime have any indicator of HDR during streaming?

I did not properly know. When I play some HDR content on YouTube, if I change the orientation, I see some contrast glitches of HDR turning on/off. I did not see that on Amazon prime, so I believe this is not working on HDR. Do you know if Amazon prime have any indicator of HDR during streaming?
In mi tv box in prime video it shows the hdr icon, in other devices don't

@danilomazzaro Like I said in the other thread, you can do a "permanent" fix, if you are rooted.

Install "MagiskHide Props" and "Busybox" from Magisk Manager and reboot.
Then open a terminal manager in your phone(install Termux from playstore if you want), open it and type the following:

su
(Allow permission)
props
2 (Force Basic Key attestation)
f (pick from fp list)

Now, around 30th one will be Xiaomi. Type that number.
Then, type the number for K20 Pro (China or India, upto you)
Then, type y, then again type y to reboot.

This will fix the watermark and fix the HD issue in Amazon Prime Video app. Best of all, you don't need to do this everytime you flash the update. As long as you just flash the update each week(along with Magisk) and not do clean flash, this will stay.