K60 Pro unpopular?

MyPenIsSmall

Members
Aug 12, 2023
I found out about this phone last week and ordered it instantly.
My Galaxy Note 9 is failing and finding such a powerful phone for an affordable price was a godsend for me!
Since then ive been reading about it online, but there seems to be little discussion around it?
The Poco F3 seems far more popular. It has custom firmwares, its own section on xda etc etc.
Did i chose poorly? Will the K60 Pro ever get custom firmwares and a community around it?

Reactions: zellot06
I did order one, i dont use the camera ever, unless theres an accident or something and i need proof.
Other than that its a pure gaming device with some phone functionality.

It's a good phone, but it's currently discontinued (officially) in China for a number of reasons, one of which is that Redmi is trying to give the spotlight to the K60 ultra (with Dimensity 9200+ and just released yesterday).

I found out about this phone last week and ordered it instantly.
My Galaxy Note 9 is failing and finding such a powerful phone for an affordable price was a godsend for me!
Since then ive been reading about it online, but there seems to be little discussion around it?
The Poco F3 seems far more popular. It has custom firmwares, its own section on xda etc etc.
Did i chose poorly? Will the K60 Pro ever get custom firmwares and a community around it?

K40 more popular like you said because it has a global version poco F3, k60 also have a global version POCO F5 Pro.
But unfortunately there is no global version of K60 Pro so far, what worse is it currently discontinued (officially) in China,

Oooooof... i had no idea it was discontinued basically the same moment i ordered one.
Im seriously beginning to suspect that CFW like LineageOS or AOSP is just never gonna happen for this phone now.

Oooooof... i had no idea it was discontinued basically the same moment i ordered one.
Im seriously beginning to suspect that CFW like LineageOS or AOSP is just never gonna happen for this phone now.
can also be optimistic, maybe Xiaomi will release global version of the K60 Pro in the future, but the possibility is not so big.
CFW may need also to wait for kernel opensource (I think), K50 Ultra just opensource 2 weeks ago, but K60 and K60E seem to be open source very early

I just got another one for my friend while I'm already using the roms here for my K60 Pro.
So no, its not discontinued.

I have good news to tell you, that AOSP ROMs (but unofficial) for K60Pro have appeared
But they still have a lot of bugs and are currently not suitable for daily use
I don't know if sharing external links in this forum is allowed.
If you are interested try searching for them, or dm me I could share to you. There are:

- LineageOS_20 (lineage UNOFFICIAL socrates)
- PixelOS for K60 Pro(pixelos_socrates-13.0)
- and EliteRomLite MIUI 14 A13

I have good news to tell you, that AOSP ROMs (but unofficial) for K60Pro have appeared
But they still have a lot of bugs and are currently not suitable for daily use
I don't know if sharing external links in this forum is allowed.
If you are interested try searching for them, or dm me I could share to you. There are:

- LineageOS_20 (lineage UNOFFICIAL socrates)
- PixelOS for K60 Pro(pixelos_socrates-13.0)
- and EliteRomLite MIUI 14 A13
Yeah, i saw them being discussed in the k60 pro telegram channel!
I think thats so insanely awesome! Seeing these extremely talented people porting the biggest and best custom roms to our favorite smartphone makes me really happy!

Nope it's not discontinued why would they do that lol.
Redmi K60 pro is end of production. Xiaomi not releasing this device anymore so we are lucky to buy one. Also magicxavi is working now for stable rom and soon to adapt a14. + this oct13/14 weekly dev beta miui comes with a14 so Redmi K60 Pro still got progress.
Please join on our telegram channel for updates
t. me/ Redmik60proOfficial

Nope it's not discontinued why would they do that lol.
Redmi K60 pro is end of production. Xiaomi not releasing this device anymore so we are lucky to buy one. Also magicxavi is working now for stable rom and soon to adapt a14. + this oct13/14 weekly dev beta miui comes with a14 so Redmi K60 Pro still got progress.
Please join on our telegram channel for updates
t. me/ Redmik60proOfficial
For a product, "discontinued" means (of a product) no longer produced.
Like you said, Xiaomi not releasing this device anymore

Yeah, i saw them being discussed in the k60 pro telegram channel!
I think thats so insanely awesome! Seeing these extremely talented people porting the biggest and best custom roms to our favorite smartphone makes me really happy!
can you give the link of telegram channel? thks

can you give the link of telegram channel? thks