Keyboard suggestions, autocorrect and spellcheck not working

Ronnie.tkm

Members
Nov 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I recently updated my Xiaomi M1S to MIUI 2.11.9 and i am encountering some problems with the keyboard and also the spellcheck. The keyboard no longer suggests corrections to be made. The box at the top appears but it doesnt give any suggestions. And also, all text has a red line under it showing that spellcheck is not functioning as it should.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Many thanks.
Ronnie

i have suggestion but its not towards the keyboard that comes with miui but swiftkey keyboard is very good. I used to use the built in keyboard but switched to swiftkey and not planning to switch back in the near future because its so good.

But on topic: you have chosen the correct keyboard type? i'm not sure what language you are using but i think it only spell check us english but not sure since i haven't used it in a long time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDIwNiwiY29tLnRvdWNodHlwZS5zd2lmdGtleSJd

Hi thanks for the reply. I have checked all settings and it is all set correctly. Its like whatever i type turns out red except text from my contact names
Also, the suggestion box is there above the keyboard but its unable to give any. It was okay before this but when i updated it, it just stopped working. I cant change back to the previous rom because the old one keeps crashing after the update. Any suggestions?