Invalid Kleinanzeigen App IP Blocked Mi 10 Hyper OS Stable

IronIsh

Members
Nov 19, 2020
Hi all,

I'm currently testing Hyper OS on a Mi 10, and Kleinanzeigen (former Ebay Kleinanzeigen) which is a well known and largely used marketplace app here in Germany. I have tried to log in using two different VPNs, on WiFi both at home and my office, using mobile data of course and nothing works. I have also no problem using my daily phone which is a Nothing Phone 2a with Android 14 and also tested it on Lineage 21 (Android 14) installed on a Mi 9 SE and it worked too, of course I tried by deleting and installing the app again getting the same result.

Also login from a computer browser goes well too, what leads me to believe that it might be something related with the Xiaomi EU ROM. Does anyone have a clue what the cause could be?

The text on the screenshot goes as follows: IP range temporarily blocked: There have recently been several unsafe attempts to use our platform in your IP range. This may also have been done by other people. Therefore, this IP range was temporarily excluded from the use of Kleinanzeigen to prevent fraud. Please try again later.

I have also google it but didn't find something useful on German forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-26-20-49-00-696_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-26-20-49-00-696_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi all,

For those interested or facing this issue in the future, I've found the solution.

Kleinanzeige will promt you to a email verification screen when trying to log in from a new device, that didn't happen the first time I tried and that's why they blocked my IP temporarily. I think the blocking lasts between 24 and 48 hours.

Reactions: MeiGuddet