Laggy Note Pro WCDMA?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro WCDMA' started by Mmmbie, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Mmmbie

MmmbieMembers

May 10, 2013
    Male
    PhD Candidate
    The Netherlands
    I really like the build quality and overall feel of the Note Pro WCDMA. However, in the software department things aren't that positive. I often encounter lag and non-smooth transitions from one homescreen to the other. One would say that with an 8 core 1.7GHz processor and 2GB RAM, this should not be the case. I hope (and think) this will be resolved in future updates. I was just wondering if other people experience this as well?

I have a Mi2S, Mi3W, and a RedMi 1S, and these 3 devices never suffered from any lag or non-smooth transitions whatsoever, that's why I'm surprised that the Note Pro does have these issues...

2. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

Now you know what MTK means...

3. Mmmbie

MmmbieMembers

May 10, 2013
    Male
    PhD Candidate
    The Netherlands
    Hahaha :p But I also had a HongMi WCDMA for a couple of months, and I don't recall any lag on that one... Ah well, maybe future updates will make it better, and otherwise I can always sell it ;)

Edit: I also had a Zopo C2 with MTK, Full HD screen and 1 GB RAM with virtually no lag

4. Coldbird

ColdbirdMembers

Mar 1, 2013
    Male
    So far all the mtk devices I held in hand had these lag issues.

So I really hope for you that this is just a software issue.

5. salawat

salawatMembers

May 28, 2014
    Male
    i'm happy to say, i don't have such lags on my redmi note and i've flashed stable version and i then rooted it. so far its very smooth. though, i have not tested any games yet.

6. cpasmoi

cpasmoiStaff

Sep 22, 2013
    Male
    France
    #6cpasmoi,Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    laggy or not ? i'm about to buy it ... :D

seem smooth in video reviews

7. Araneo

AraneoMembers

Jun 1, 2014
    Male
    How i can make root?

8. salawat

salawatMembers

May 28, 2014
    Male
    Araneo likes this.
  9. viktorx

viktorxMembers

Nov 27, 2013
    Male
    Mine sometimes lags, sometimes its speedy :) Overall i'm satisfied. In comparison to mi2s buil quality and everthing is equally great, camera is different but i think thats mediatek image chips folt. Only thing where i noticed big difference is in speaker quality and loudness. Mi2s speaker rocks! And I miss weakly upates too :-( Theres a lot of room for improvement software side but I think that they will fix it soon and improve it by time because miui is newer on both redmi 1 and 1s (have them both)

10. nexus351

nexus351Members

Jun 6, 2014
    Male
    http://en.miui.com/thread-17459-1-1.html
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.themonsterit.EngineerStarter&hl=fr
    Loudspeaker Mode if you want to change volume of the rear speaker.

Share Our Site