Language Translation Or Rom For Danish?

Jesperhla

Members
May 11, 2017
Dear friends,

A couple of months ago i bought a Redmi 4 Prime (3gigs) from gearbest. Even though the phone Info states that its running MIUI Global 8.1.2.0.0 (MBEMIDI) i know its not the official firmware, since i got it delivered with Danish Language out of the box, well knowing Xiaomi doesnt provide danish language in any of there ROMs.

I was stupid enough to tell friends how satisfied i was with the phone, which resulted in them ordering the same phone last week...
Unfortunatly the phones are now shipped with the Original Xiaomi Global rom, that of course doesnt provide Danish language, and my friends are extremely disappointed. I promised i would try to find a solution.

So i find myself with a couple of options, and would be interested in knowing what options i can opt for.

1-Since our phones have the same spec, is there anyway i can make a backup of my system/rom and flash it on theres?

2- Is there anyway i can download the Rom that was installed on my phone and flash it on theres? so far, gearbest has not replied me with the location of the ROM they installed on my phone
frown.gif

3- Is there any software/guide around as how to decompile a Rom and manually add or modify languages, so that i can manually start translating every file? i have tried to apply for official danish translation at the MIUI crowdin, but the dev hasnt answered my requests in the last 6 months.

4- Locality is also a problem, as Denmark is not in the list, is there anyway to change that? It doesnt matter much, so far i'm running it as "germany" which is the same timezone.

5- I dont mind flashing Ressurection or Lineage, but would really like to run the original ROM and modify language files, is this a hopeless task? I have alot of time on my hands i really wouldnt mind translating from repo in order to aid the community.

Thank you for taking time to read my post, i hipe you can provide with some insight. Cheers!

Hej!
I'm danish too. Personally I have no problem using the eu ROM (or even the official global) ok settings is not in danish, but as long as you can setup a danish keyboard it doesn't matter to me. You can have swedish if you can live with that....

1) 2) To my knowledge you need the ROM installed from your vendor. Personally I wouldn't recommend using non official ROMs.
3) Translating is a huge job, 6 months ago i participated in the MIUI translation project, but stopped because I got busy doing other stuff. It took some messages to the MIUI contact to get him to approve me.
4) In global ROM no. I only had the global for 3 days until I got the phone unlocked and flashed the xiaomi.eu ROM. I don't recall if I had to choose location during setup.
5) The easiest way to get the ROM translated is to participate in the MIUI crowdin translate project. You will see it is a huge job even if you are more than one person.

Don't hesitate to write if you have any questions
:)

Hej!
I'm danish too. Personally I have no problem using the eu ROM (or even the official global) ok settings is not in danish, but as long as you can setup a danish keyboard it doesn't matter to me. You can have swedish if you can live with that....

1) 2) To my knowledge you need the ROM installed from your vendor. Personally I wouldn't recommend using non official ROMs.
3) Translating is a huge job, 6 months ago i participated in the MIUI translation project, but stopped because I got busy doing other stuff. It took some messages to the MIUI contact to get him to approve me.
4) In global ROM no. I only had the global for 3 days until I got the phone unlocked and flashed the xiaomi.eu ROM. I don't recall if I had to choose location during setup.
5) The easiest way to get the ROM translated is to participate in the MIUI crowdin translate project. You will see it is a huge job even if you are more than one person.

Thanks alot for your reply Sputnik.
I dont mind using english, but my friends are farmers, and their English is not great.
Is there anyway to extract the existing ROM from my phone and transfer it to theire phone? Or maybe just the language, since my "vendor" ROM came with Danish language?

I would really wish to contribute into translating Danish for the community, i have alot of time on my hand and i'm pretty familiar with translating, since i do so for movie subtitles already. The responsable in crowdin however, is not responding to my attempts to join the project, so no luck there :(

You could change phones with your friend ;)
Anyway, try messenging the crowdin admin again, and you can also give me your crowdin profile name so I can write to him as well .
You may also try messaging "ingbrzy" in this forum to ask about the possibility of extracting a languages from your vendor ROM.

Hej!

Sputnick

I bought a Redmi 4x but can´t change the language to Danish (i could on my redmi note 3). This means that all the apps are in English. What ROM should I choose to avoid this....or how do I get the apps to be in Danish?

As you can see, there is a Danish version
Our distinguished leader had given you the URL.