Last Stable Rom?

LiquidFoko

Members
Apr 25, 2016
Hi recently i bought a xiaomi redmi note 2 from alegrecompra.com, it is the CMCC Version of it.
And i want to know if the rom that came with it is the lastest, or the best.
Ty in advance

Screenshot_2016-04-25-17-48-46_com.android.settings.png

Hy, the latest stable rom version is 7.2.3.0. You should go up to ROMs DOWNLOAD, follow the stable link, and choose from 7.2 branch the latest firmware for hermes (Redmi Note 2).

You are on beta firmware wich is sometime unstable for everyday use.

Hy, the latest stable rom version is 7.2.3.0. You should go up to ROMs DOWNLOAD, follow the stable link, and choose from 7.2 branch the latest firmware for hermes (Redmi Note 2).

You are on beta firmware wich is sometime unstable for everyday use.
It comes with playstore installed?

Hi,
This is maybe and off-topic to this theme, but I am unable to find guide.
My questions is - is it really the Stable rom NOT rooted and if yes - how to root it?
Thank you!

As far as i remember, when you flash it with TWRP (custom recovery), after the flash is completed, before you restart the phone, it will ask you if you want to root it (it is your choice).

I have the latest stable rom, and i don't have a problem yet.

Hope it will help you!

Hi,
This is maybe and off-topic to this theme, but I am unable to find guide.
My questions is - is it really the Stable rom NOT rooted and if yes - how to root it?
Thank you!
Flash SuperSU-v2.xx.zip via TWRP recovery and you are rooted

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

Ok, thank you!
One more question - is this the only difference from weekly? I mean - I know about the updates and the root, but I am asking - do the stable have all the applications there, the chinese stuff removed and etc?

If you choose the global rom, there are no chinese apps, and you have Playstore available. The weekly roms have more stuff and updates, but they may have bugs in it (there are still testing those).

For the everyday user, the stable rom is the best choice.

OK, Understood. One more question.
As I can see that in the post for every new weekly there is a stable link too.
Does it means that they add something to the stable, or the link remains the same , they are just puting it in every weekly release and only update it when there is a stable update?

Also - can you give me recommended steps for moving from weekly to stable, as I've search the forum, but found several different explanations?

Thank you!

P.S.
Also - when 7.3 is out - when I have to update will I have to make wipe, or just install it over 7.2.3 as we are doing with the weekly updates.

Last edited:
The link for stable or weekly are the same, and the roms are put there every time there is a new one.
After a few weekly ones, if they don't find something wrong with them, they make a stable one.

If you have custom recovery, you can flash weekly or stable rom on top of each other.

As for 7.3, and any update to stable release, you can choose to update the current firmware, or do a full wipe.

You can choose to stay with the update, and see how it is working, or do a full wipe.
I think that if there are many changes that are incompatible with the last update, they will tell us to do a full wipe.

OK, I have the latest weekly now - Can I flash the Stable over it without wipe, it in this case it is better to do a wipe?
Because the weekly is much newer then the stable I think.

Yes! Is like a fresh install of Windows :) .. it is always better then update it from previous version.

Full wipe - data, cache and davilk cache?
Do not wipe the system !!! First do local backup (all tree options ) under additional settings > bacup and restore. After flashing recover from this backup.

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk