Resolved Latest Google play system update won't install on Xiaomi eu

What does this actually mean? What are the actual ramifications?
It concerns ONLY Google Play system update option, available from Security status menu in Settings. Google Play is there, Google Play Services are being updated, everything works fine. Just sometimes Google is breaking some stuff with these Google Play system updates, but other than that all is fine.

It concerns ONLY Google Play system update option, available from Security status menu in Settings. Google Play is there, Google Play Services are being updated, everything works fine. Just sometimes Google is breaking some stuff with these Google Play system updates, but other than that all is fine.
That's not the right case here on. Venus, check out my thread

That's not the right case here on. Venus, check out my thread
Same thing happened to me right now. MIUI 14 on Poco X3 Pro. Can't play video,always get MIUI+ Beta isn't responding. Camera does work.
I tried following your post but cannot find the neither the file or apex folder

Same thing happened to me right now. MIUI 14 on Poco X3 Pro. Can't play video,always get MIUI+ Beta isn't responding. Camera does work.
I tried following your post but cannot find the neither the file or apex folder
You need to have root privileges

I have a Poco F5 Pro (Brazil), with the xiaomi.eu Mondrian ROM (Redmi K60). During this week my device also started to show the defects described here (camera, flashlight, videos on Instagram and YouTube, etc., nothing works...). I have root access and within the /data/apex folder there are several subfolders... In my case, the closest to "com.android.media.swcode(at)340818112.apex" (MI11) is "com.android. media.swcode(at)340922012"... Try deleting this folder through Explorer (with root), but it doesn't delete it. Try rebooting into TWRP, but it only sees the entire APEX folder, and does not see subfolders. So I don't know how to continue. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
I have a Poco F5 Pro (Brazil), with the xiaomi.eu Mondrian ROM (Redmi K60). During this week my device also started to show the defects described here (camera, flashlight, videos on Instagram and YouTube, etc., nothing works...). I have root access and within the /data/apex folder there are several subfolders... In my case, the closest to "com.android.media.swcode(at)340818112.apex" (MI11) is "com.android. media.swcode(at)340922012"... Try deleting this folder through Explorer (with root), but it doesn't delete it. Try rebooting into TWRP, but it only sees the entire APEX folder, and does not see subfolders. So I don't know how to continue. Can anyone help me?
I CONFIRM same issue on Poco F5 Pro (Mondrian) running latest MIUI.eu Weekly build two days ago. Non-rooted or modded device.
The only way to fix mine device was did a Clean Install again.

In recovery, mount system, data and all partitions and try again, the file is stored under /data/apex/active.

I CONFIRM same issue on Poco F5 Pro (Mondrian) running latest MIUI.eu Weekly build two days ago. Non-rooted or modded device.
The only way to fix mine device was did a Clean Install again.
That's not a solution to go for a clean install each time

After clean install i deactivated autoupdate. And the workaround to delete files in recovery is indispensable.

Does it mean that the problem will solved with the next stable releases of xiaomi.eu?

After clean install i deactivated autoupdate. And the workaround to delete files in recovery is indispensable.

Does it mean that the problem will solved with the next stable releases of xiaomi.eu?
You can't disable auto update for. Google play system update, you just need to never go there
And google is the one responsible for this issue, i hope that the team devs find a tweak for this

You can't disable auto update for. Google play system update, you just need to never go there
And google is the one responsible for this issue, i hope that the team devs find a tweak for this
i installed twrp to delete the responsible file. What do you mean with "you just need to never go there"?

i installed twrp to delete the responsible file. What do you mean with "you just need to never go there"?
Avoid this and entering here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-17-19-44-33-151_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-17-19-44-33-151_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 290
Reactions: body-mg

I have the same issue. Redmi K60 (Mondrian)

It's not even been a week since i had to format my phone and reflash eu latest because the cameras got broken on their own; it happened again.

latest Xiaomi.eu 14.0.26.0 was clean flashed this time through fastboot and everything was again working fine until just now where my phone powered down because it ran out of charge and i just booted to see cameras, flashlight and video playback is completely dead again.

I have the logs for it and i will make a post for it in a bit, please come to the post and confirm the issue.

Avoid this and entering here
I don't think it will help. My Xiaomi 13 updated it just like that. I did not update anything or check the settings there. In my case I suspect the action that triggered the update was - starting to use Android Find My Device service by Google. It might have triggered this, but it's also possible that Google Play Services decided to update itself on its own. Not checking the settings there may not be enough. Hopefully there will be some way to block te update. Otherwise we're doomed and our phones will crash every once and a while...

No, the incompatible Google APEX will be dropped and the generic APEX will be used instead so Google Play system update won't try to update them.
If those generic APEX will be updated in China ROM, then sure, consequentially it will be included with our ROMs.

Yes. Certain APEX (carrier-related configs) may be pushed with China ROM's Updater app as well, although it's irrelevant to us.
Do you know when the incompatible APEX will be dropped? Did you mean it will be dropped by the Xiaomi.eu team or it must be fixed by the Chinese and only then this will be retrofitted to the Xiaomi.eu ROM?
This is a major issue to me as it makes our phones barely usable. Given Google can trigger the update again and again - this isn't good news to have a phone crashing every once and a while :(

Do you know when the incompatible APEX will be dropped? Did you mean it will be dropped by the Xiaomi.eu team or it must be fixed by the Chinese and only then this will be retrofitted to the Xiaomi.eu ROM?
This is a major issue to me as it makes our phones barely usable. Given Google can trigger the update again and again - this isn't good news to have a phone crashing every once and a while :(
We already stopped using them, but there's nothing we can do for older ROMs built before this change.
China ROM doesn't use Google's APEX at all, they are not updatable there.

We already stopped using them, but there's nothing we can do for older ROMs built before this change.
China ROM doesn't use Google's APEX at all, they are not updatable there.
You mean the weekly ROM is already protected against this issue? If so - since which version? Someone mentioned here that this is happening also for him using the weekly, dev ROM, so I'm confused. Is the nearest stable version going to be resistant to this as well?
I've got Xiaomi 13 / fuxi, so specifically interested in ROMs for this phone. I'm currently using the latest stable ROM.

You mean the weekly ROM is already protected against this issue? If so - since which version? Someone mentioned here that this is happening also for him using the weekly, dev ROM, so I'm confused. Is the nearest stable version going to be resistant to this as well?
I've got Xiaomi 13 / fuxi, so specifically interested in ROMs for this phone. I'm currently using the latest stable ROM.
ROMs built after I said we will drop the APEX are safe. I don't have a way to tell you since which version.

ROMs built after I said we will drop the APEX are safe. I don't have a way to tell you since which version.
I'm not sure how to understand this. Meaning if you said it on Sept 13th 2023 then all ROMS built onwards are already safe? This applies to both DEV/weekly and stable??