In Progress Latitude error

Pali

Members
Oct 21, 2012
Hi to all,
latitude wont work anymore on miui since some newer versions came out of miui. any one know why?
best regards,
Pala

Its network location related... Not working correctly on ics (phone still in Beijing city) and on JB ROMs has latitude FC...

I've found something interesting in framework-res.

Code:
    <string name="config_networkLocationProvider1">com.google.android.location.NetworkLocationProvider</string>
    <string name="config_networkLocationProvider2">com.android.location.service.NetworkLocationProvider</string>
    <string name="config_geocodeProvider">com.android.location.service.GeocodeProvider</string>
    <string name="config_geofenceProvider">com.qualcomm.services.location</string>

They seem to define the networkLocation via package name. None of them say Baidu or anything, but I will double check those packages to GoogleNetworkLocation and see if all is well.

i am having same problem, maps work fine, from bottom right hand corner if i select layers and select Latitude it will show my friends.
but if i choose latitude from top left hand drop down menu, it will close the maps.
Also if i click on manage friends it will close the app.
if you go into menu and setting then location setting in the map app, and choose manage friends, it will also close the app
so can not add new friends to Latitude and can not manage the current friends.
but can see their location on the map. map it self works fine.
does anyone know how to fix it?

Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM
MIUI US
android 4.1.2
miui-2.11.9.0 JZO54k

Also i have tried, MIUI china, Miui UK versions of MIUI like
miui_GalaxyNexus_2.12.21_ab4c4c18a1_4.1

same Latitude problem.

I also observe this issue with Samsung Galaxy S3 (I747), Android version 4.1.2, MIUI version 2.12.21 JZO54K

I can tap on myself in maps and be in Latitude mode, scroll between friends that are "fresh". When trying to launch friend list either with the "FRIENDS LIST" button (bottom left) or "Latitude" from Maps' pulldown, the application stops.

I have an older version working for lattitude !!! Its maps version 6.0.0 you can find it on google or if you can't just tell I will give a link!

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

The root cause of this is a bad Intent in MIUI Contacts. I've been working on it, and it looks good for v5.