Launcher Mod weekly updates.

Also this launcher seems to have the bottom column a little to low so that some widgets start ave overlapped by the hot seat. Is that an easy fix? And is anyone else experiencing this overlap on qHD devices?

Thx Andy!! You are the best!

Is it optimized for qhd?

In theory it should be. I don't have one to test with, but as it's Christmas I'm accepting gifts! :eek:

I've just posted v2 of the 5x4 HS version. I think I've fixed the FC issue when installing apps. If it works I'll release an updated 5x4 NHS version..

Also this launcher seems to have the bottom column a little to low so that some widgets start ave overlapped by the hot seat. Is that an easy fix? And is anyone else experiencing this overlap on qHD devices?

It's not just qHD devices. It's all of them I think.. Anyway, try v2.. Hopefully it'll be better? Maybe.. :eek:

Your mod is fantastic on qhd! Only widgets do not work as they should.

20111215092651.jpg20111215092739.jpg

Andy do you plan to release v3 today?

You are doing a good job!! The mod never runs better before. I think the widgets are not a big problem.

Hey andy, as always....great work!

I have a question.....

would it be possible to make a mod that enables the ability to have a folder-n-folder option with the standard miui launcher?

I love my miui launcher, and I've tried other options.....simi-folder, folder organizer, etc. But I'm just not happy with em.

...sick balls!

I HAVE SOLVED THE FC-PROBLEM.. at least for me in 1.12.9 :)

the problem is, when an app gets installed, the launcher tries/forces to place the icon on the last side of your homescreen.. more precisely in the top left corner.. if this isn't free it FC.. AND the bottom right corner must be free! otherwise it FC too.. don't know why, but I reproduced this issue many times.. so -> if you want to install a new app -> make sure your top-left-corner and bottom-right-corner on your last homescreen is free!
andy maybe you can get the launcher to place the icon on the next free space, not on the last side?! :)
sry for my english..
btw: if you have the launcher-FC you can still call the app-manager and uninstall the app you wanted to install .. so you don't need to restore .. lol why I havent noticed this earlier..

hope it helps :)

I'm going to try this. If it works, I owe you a fat wet kiss!=-O

Edit: didn't work. Left the top row and bottom right corner empty, still fc's.
...sick balls!

Hey andy, as always....great work!

I have a question.....

would it be possible to make a mod that enables the ability to have a folder-n-folder option with the standard miui launcher?

I love my miui launcher, and I've tried other options.....simi-folder, folder organizer, etc. But I'm just not happy with em.

...sick balls!

I wouldn't know where to start with that one.. Do you know of another launcher that has that feature?

In theory it should be. I don't have one to test with, but as it's Christmas I'm accepting gifts! :eek:

I've just posted v2 of the 5x4 HS version. I think I've fixed the FC issue when installing apps. If it works I'll release an updated 5x4 NHS version..
Sorry for the noob question, but what's the difference between HS and NHS? What do HS and NHS stand for?

Sorry for the noob question, but what's the difference between HS and NHS? What do HS and NHS stand for?

It stands for HotSeat and No HotSeat

The HotSeat is also know as the Dock.

You can flash both to see which one you prefer. Just remember to drag the icons from the dock before you flash the NHS version.

Here you go....Launcher MODS

If anyone gets the dreaded FC when installing an App I'd really appreciate it if you tell me exactly what you did to get the issue. I'm still trying to replicate it so I can test some potential fixes..

Thanks..

Hi Andy,
I have the sam problam as Mysterio33.
Only I use 1.12.9 on SGS2

BIG THX for the update!!

I had the FC prob in 1.11.4 too -> Installed a new Rom with 1.11.4 on XperiaX10 (rooted, bootloader unlocked), installed all Apps etc... After that I discovered your awesome mod, flashed it, everything was working fine. Except installing a new App. As I downloaded the App from Market (was an german Mail-App), and my x10 finished to install it, the FC appears and I couldn't get into the launcher.. -.- Only way to get out of this was through a backup in xrec.. Because I didn't want to do another backup, I didn't tested it with non-market-apps..

Will test now everything with 1.12.9, reports come soon :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

I wouldn't know where to start with that one.. Do you know of another launcher that has that feature?

I've been pondering this all day. Simi folder, and folder organizer are apps.....

miui control is an app....

If you can have auto close the folders, there has to be a way to add the folder-n-folder feature to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

...sick balls!

standard 4x4

Is there a file that I can flash to get back to standard 4x4 setup?

In miui settings, does the app drawer setting do anything? I always enable it and turn on auto start but nothing happens.

find the .zip of the MIUI rom yuo installed, open it as a zip file and go to /system/app/ in there you will find Launcher2.apk extract that to your desktop, mount your phone and put it on your sd card, after that use a program with root priviledges such as ES file explorer or Root explorer to move the launcher2.apk from your sd card to the /system/app/ directory on your phone itself. after that restart into recovery and go to advanced --> fix permissions. Then restart and you will be back to 4x4