Light And Proximity Sensors Mistake (partition /persist)

andrea8786

Members
Sep 11, 2015
Hi to all.
I've a really frustrating problem with those 2 sensor that, since I've made an upgrade on a Redmi Note 2 Prime (Hermes) more than a year ago (I don't remember which version of xiaomi.eu was), are gone down! Maybe previous TWRP has confused some blocks during the flash procedure, I don't know!

Screenshot_2017-04-15-02-04-04-680_com.longcheertel.cit.png - Screenshot_2017-04-15-02-04-09-274_com.longcheertel.cit.png

I've tried everything, flash xiaomi.eu's ROM, original MIUI (Global Stable, Global Dev, China Stable, China Dev) via Fastboot, via SPTool and via Recovery (including lastest TWRP 3.1.0-0) but I've always the same mistake! I'm going crazy!
Clearly I've tried to search advices on different places and I've noticed that I'm not alone... The problem seems reside in the partition /persist where there're information regarding the sensors! I've found differents method on how to make fix the problem but there's a little big problem... the default image of this partition (persist.img), that is necessary to flash, is not present in any firmware package, including in the Fastboot file .tgz! So, for this reason, also flashing with a clean flash with Fastboot or SPTool method, is not helpful!
I noticed that TWRP console report " E:\Unable to fine partition size for '/persist' " that means that there's some problem!

Screenshot_2017-04-15-02-01-52.png

Now, since the moment that Xiaomi has decided of don't provide this image, I think that the only way is to ask to someone to backup his partition and share the file! I've found, after almost an whole day, different links but only for other device!

FYI, all other sensors such as Gyroscope, Accellerometer and Magnetic works well.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Hi to all.
I've a really frustrating problem with those 2 sensor that, since I've made an upgrade on a Redmi Note 2 Prime (Hermes) more than a year ago (I don't remember which version of xiaomi.eu was), are gone down! Maybe previous TWRP has confused some blocks during the flash procedure, I don't know!

View attachment 15628 - View attachment 15629

I've tried everything, flash xiaomi.eu's ROM, original MIUI (Global Stable, Global Dev, China Stable, China Dev) via Fastboot, via SPTool and via Recovery (including lastest TWRP 3.1.0-0) but I've always the same mistake! I'm going crazy!
Clearly I've tried to search advices on different places and I've noticed that I'm not alone... The problem seems reside in the partition /persist where there're information regarding the sensors! I've found differents method on how to make fix the problem but there's a little big problem... the default image of this partition (persist.img), that is necessary to flash, is not present in any firmware package, including in the Fastboot file .tgz! So, for this reason, also flashing with a clean flash with Fastboot or SPTool method, is not helpful!
I noticed that TWRP console report " E:\Unable to fine partition size for '/persist' " that means that there's some problem!

View attachment 15630

Now, since the moment that Xiaomi has decided of don't provide this image, I think that the only way is to ask to someone to backup his partition and share the file! I've found, after almost an whole day, different links but only for other device!

FYI, all other sensors such as Gyroscope, Accellerometer and Magnetic works well.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Andrea,
Write me in private Italian