New Location services (possibly related to framework-res.apk's strings)

AirieFenix

Members
Oct 7, 2012
Using MIUI v5 4.12, on Xiaomi Mi-1s.

Ok, I already point this issue in one of the changleogs and in a thread I created (http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/location-services-point-to-china-fix.20077). Basically, location services don't work. Half the time, the device points to China, half the time it says "unavailable location".

I already tried re-flashing gapps, pushing Google's services apks into /system/app, pushing just the location ones, faster fix, GPStest... But the new came when I delete BaiduNetworkLocation.apk, since then Android insists that has location services deactivated. So, I assumed MIUI is pointing somewhere somehow to BaiduLocation...apk.

I decompile the framework-res.apk and in the strings.xml I found:

Code:
<string name="config_networkLocationProvider2">com.baidu.bms.location.BaiduNetworkLocationProvider</string>
    <string name="config_geocodeProvider">com.baidu.bms.location.BaiduGeocodeProvider</string>

Please, somebody does can take a look? It doesn't seem right, and I'm looking that it happens here and there to some users.

I'm trying to recompile with the Google provider, but I'm having issues with apktool, if somebody can recompile using V5 4.12 for Mi-1s and post it, would be great to know if that solves it.

Yes, I'm using those lines but I can't re-compile (issues with apktool, I'll check it when I'm back at home). Thanks.

Thanks, ingrbzy.

Its a part file, not xml :) You need an additional script which merges .part files into xml files.

Is it possible I have the same problem on MI 2? Or is it something else?
If so can you please make a fix for us as well?
Thank you :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2
No.. On Mi2 its ok..

Please check this. It might be helpful en.miui.com/thread-2516-1-1.html

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Could you upload fixed framework-res.apk, please? Link above (dropbox) is not working anymore.

Just use one from our last release...

~Tapatalk 4~

Just put into firmware archive and flash it. But AFAIK this is not necessary for latest firmwares. Only obsoleted firmware is needed to be fixed.

Just put into firmware archive and flash it. But AFAIK this is not necessary for latest firmwares. Only obsoleted firmware is needed to be fixed.

I use ported ROM 3.10.25 for Newman K1 (Freelander i30) and localisation doesnt work.I deleted baidu lacalisation from system/app,replased networklocation.apk with latest from gapps,but still doesnt work.framework-res is my last hope :(

I use ported ROM 3.10.25 for Newman K1 (Freelander i30) and localisation doesnt work.I deleted baidu lacalisation from system/app,replased networklocation.apk with latest from gapps,but still doesnt work.framework-res is my last hope :(

PS.Tryed ,phone freeze @ MI logo... :( So still searching for decision....