Lockscreen notification bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvosa

Members
Apr 30, 2011
Hi Mark,

On my GSM HTC Desire there is a small bug that affects the lockscreen.
A text notification is always displayed, even though I do not have any unread text or email.
Same thing when music player is running, except it shows 2 notifications.

Can this please be looked at? Its the only bug I encountered since dumping htc sense.
I can't take a screenshot because its the lockscreen.

Thanks
Scott

Updated - attached is my lockscreen screenshot showing the notification error in the top of the screen.

Attachments

• 20110501_130835.jpg
    20110501_130835.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 185
If you have anything at all in the notification bar, then that notification counter will appear. Be it Tempmon, USB, USB debugging, etc.

So you most likely have "something" in your notification bar, this is not a bug, this is by design.

My point exactly, I have nothing to be notified of and yet there is that symbol all day every day. It must be a bug of some sort that is stopping the notification clearing properly.

When you unlock the phone, does it show the carrier name in the notification bar, or is there something else on the far left? Any icon, anything at all?

When you unlock the phone, does it show the carrier name in the notification bar, or is there something else on the far left? Any icon, anything at all?

Nothing shows in far left corner apart from my lookout security icon.........i disabled my twitter, hotmail and facebook accounts to see if it had an impact but still no joy and using the music player makes the notification icon show 2 instead of 1 notification number.....must be a bug somewhere?

As ZeroBarrier pointed out this is by design, something is running such as Lookout security - turn off the notification in status bar and it should disappear.

As this is not a bug im going ahead and closing this thread. Thanks for the feedback irvosa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.