M1-s ROM

i believe the official xiaomi site has stock ICS 4.0 for download... thats the only one(official) i can think of thats not miui ..since 1S cant run gingerbread

Why would u want to use a stock one over miui?
Imho miui is the best rom out there i'm just looking forward to the jellybean rom.

I want to know just of there are any other Rom, over MIUI one's....my personal experience with MIUI on other mobile phone was that this rom had an over usage of resources (that became less battery duration) .... so i wanna try something else....

i dont have a problem with the battery on my m1s i listen to the radio on it for 9hours and use it during that time for internet then night time i use it alot when i put it on charge at night its still got 30% battery left the roms have got better over the last few weeks increasing the battery life no end.
You got to remember the mi1 is made to suit miui xiaomi made miui then the mi1 why would any other rom be better?

Lol you dont wanna run MIUI, so you bought an M1. May I ask why? Custom ROMs aremuch more plentiful on virtually every other handset.

Lol you dont wanna run MIUI, so you bought an M1. May I ask why?

Why? Beacause it's the most valuable phone available on the market !...
...but i've bought the M1-S because it's also the phone thats fits my own needs:
- Dual core processor
- Not so big size
- High capacity battery
...and overall...
- DUAL BOOT.

Please...I havent ever say that i wont MIUI, i'm just a flash-addicted, i've changed over 50 ROM on my nexus, just to try them....so i want to use the dual boot feature( the most beautiful feature of our phone) just to try something else....

.... seems that here most of all the people are not so "open-minded"....

Why? Beacause it's the most valuable phone available on the market !...
...but i've bought the M1-S because it's also the phone thats fits my own needs:
- Dual core processor
- Not so big size
- High capacity battery
...and overall...
- DUAL BOOT.

Please...I havent ever say that i wont MIUI, i'm just a flash-addicted, i've changed over 50 ROM on my nexus, just to try them....so i want to use the dual boot feature( the most beautiful feature of our phone) just to try something else....

.... seems that here most of all the people are not so "open-minded"....

Well no need to burst a bubble, but Xiaomi MI series roms are special to handle dual boot, with its custom recovery. I will bet you that there will be no other rom development for Xiaomi phones besides MIUI and the occasional aosp port.

If you buy an Xiaomi you stay with MIUI regardless if you bought because you think it's a great cheap phone.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lenny_kano
Hi,
I have just installed new ROM from this site. And my phone get crazy. I have Xiaomi 1S.
I installed it through SD card and update.zip. How can I choose partition where this will be installed.

It looks that it installed on Part1 - it is in english. I am missing google play store or the chinese store.
And Part2 is just in Chinese - I am missing all icons from desktop.

What do you think I should do?
Where can I get nonMIUI ROM or at least older one that really works.

You need to update both systems system 1 and system two. go into system 1 and update again if that dont update system two then go go into system two and update :)
They have removed google apps from the phone so this needs to be flashed into the phone look at this weeks release and you will get the link for gapps.

What you mean older miui rom? want something else then ICS?
Miui ICS the latest version works perfect you just need to read the release info.