Meizu M9 Port...Htc Evo.

XxDaLoWeSt1xX

Members
Nov 14, 2010
Don't know if anyone else has tried it (besides N1 and Glacier) but after a bunch of cursing and swearing I finally got Meizu M9 to boot up on the Evo...

I'd like to thank MagnuSRagnaroK AND BigRushDog for making this possible.

What works: working buttons,sd,music,no more reboots,a new kernel and new build prop with 32mb dalvic heap,and stability.now all we need is signal and proper screen res. not hard ^_^

Maybe some devs can come in and take over from here..

Notice: For EVO, flash the zip at your own risk!!! I am not responsible for whatever happens to your phone. Nandroid backup before flashing. Its not a daily, just for testing purposes but maybe someone can polish it up...

Devs:

device5.png
device3p.png
device2x.png
devicerg.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?96q6n37nnh2bsoy Signed Rom By MagnuS.

MagnuSRagnaroK AND BigRushDog with the huge update! Thanks Guys!!!!

@OP toss this in op for those that want to help it makes rom stable enough to further dev...well work on this to get it rolling.........ive wanted this for a WHILE now...this is my first contribution to this project.

fyi, the patch gives you working buttons,sd,music,no more reboots,a new kernel and new build prop with 32mb dalvic heap,and stability.now all we need is signal and proper screen res. not hard ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/?xa4j298e84wapni

just flash the patch then the rom...NOT FOR EVERYDAY THIS IS FOR DEV ATM..

Congrats bro! i worked on it a couple nights, got very close, but got distracted with other stuff. I'll be taking a look and see if building a solid evo port is feasible. Pm me or get me on #miui to chat. Again, congrats. Oh, Magnus is gonna be P.O.'d!

Why is the Meizu better then MIUI? To me the screen shots make it look like a poor man's MIUI....

...maybe I'm just a proud parent that doesnt think their child is ugly though...

Congrats bro! i worked on it a couple nights, got very close, but got distracted with other stuff. I'll be taking a look and see if building a solid evo port is feasible. Pm me or get me on #miui to chat. Again, congrats. Oh, Magnus is gonna be P.O.'d!

Thanks man, I didn't want to step on any toes or whatnot but I had to peep M9 for myself. I hope you can get more in depth with it. Why is Magnus gonna be pissed? He was working on it? I'll hit you with a PM.

Why is the Meizu better then MIUI? To me the screen shots make it look like a poor man's MIUI....

...maybe I'm just a proud parent that doesnt think their child is ugly though...

I was tired as hell. Sorry, those screenshots were rushed but if you had a hands on with Meizu M9 you'd see that the UI is flawless. Yes it's like MIUI structure BUT its sort of in another league to me (honestly) but I love MIUI, just wanted to see what the fuss was about and check it out.

Foot in mouth...my bad, didnt understand you ported it....I didnt mean disrespect with the comparison. It just looks quite similar...and for the record an unthemed MIUI is not very impressive either...

Perhaps at some point someone can take a few minutes to do a pro's/con's of the Meizu?

Exactly. No disrespect taken. Meizu and MIUI are very much alike. I like Meizu's UI, Lockscreen, and a lot of other things on it. If I could take the UI and a few .apks from Meizu and put it with MIUI it would be great but just to get a feel of what Meizu has to offer is pretty cool. I'm not going to lie though, if Meizu gets polished up and stable its going to be up with MIUI IMO but MIUI takes the cake for features I must have. If you google Meizu M9 you can see a bunch of screenies of it.
Foot in mouth...my bad, didnt understand you ported it....I didnt mean disrespect with the comparison. It just looks quite similar...and for the record an unthemed MIUI is not very impressive either...

Perhaps at some point someone can take a few minutes to do a pro's/con's of the Meizu?

Yess!!!

trust me brother, def no hate...im glad someone got it...and you know what we put into it, i wanted this but didnt know enough and have been working on a side project. i did get frustrated though and when that happens i have to give a break so i can keep things fun...CONGRATS...I will be working on this..will be in touch.

my goal was to put something new out not to get fans or fame so this is awesome to all of us, i saw this as miui cousin rom, just look what miui has done so far...this can still be BIG...also need n1 devs to help with this so mark can check it out...mark haz free interwebz cookie bonus for you...^_^

No hate or anything intended Magnus that is exactly how I see it. I'm not a Dev or anything I was just curious to see what Meizu M9 looked like and did whatever it took to get it to boot up. My face was priceless when I saw that M and progress bar after hours of confusion, cursing and swearing. MIUI has come a very long way and I couldn't be happier, lets keep this thing going guys and expand!
trust me brother, def no hate...im glad someone got it...and you know what we put into it, i wanted this but didnt know enough and have been working on a side project. i did get frustrated though and when that happens i have to give a break so i can keep things fun...CONGRATS...I will be working on this..will be in touch.

my goal was to put something new out not to get fans or fame so this is awesome to all of us, i saw this as miui cousin rom, just look what miui has done so far...this can still be BIG...also need n1 devs to help with this so mark can check it out...mark haz free interwebz cookie bonus for you...^_^

@OP toss this in op for those that want to help it makes rom stable enough to further dev...well work on this to get it rolling.........ive wanted this for a WHILE now...this is my first contribution to this project. just flash the patch then the rom...NOT FOR EVERYDAY THIS IS FOR DEV ATM...

fyi, the patch gives you working buttons,sd,music,no more reboots,a new kernel and new build prop with 32mb dalvic heap,and stability.now all we need is signal and proper screen res. not hard ^_^

Magnus,
You are the F'n man!!!!

@OP toss this in op for those that want to help it makes rom stable enough to further dev...well work on this to get it rolling.........ive wanted this for a WHILE now...this is my first contribution to this project. just flash the patch then the rom...NOT FOR EVERYDAY THIS IS FOR DEV ATM...

how much difference is there from the htc evo and droid incredible. lol, guess im asking how hard would it be to port this to the incredible

Not quite sure. What you want to do is to get it to boot up. I used the boot.img from CM 6.1.2 for the EVO. I can't remember what all I replaced when going through with it. Maybe someone can come chime in with more experience as this is my FIRST attempt.
how much difference is there from the htc evo and droid incredible. lol, guess im asking how hard would it be to port this to the incredible

i done a quick attempt at porting it and it just sits on the boot animation for a few minutes,it never looped but i wasnt sure how much battery i had to spare so i pulled battery and reverted to a backup. ill keep trying lol just was hoping someone would chime in and give a little advice,thanks

What changes did you make? Just the boot.img?
i done a quick attempt at porting it and it just sits on the boot animation for a few minutes,it never looped but i wasnt sure how much battery i had to spare so i pulled battery and reverted to a backup. ill keep trying lol just was hoping someone would chime in and give a little advice,thanks

What changes did you make? Just the boot.img?

well i found this flash-patch zip that allows you to flash any AOSP/vanilia rom to the incredible from any device. there is also the same thing but modified to work for a sense rom from evo/nexus roms to incredible. obvousely meizu is neither an aosp or sense rom but it did make it kinda boot,maybe i did not wait long enough.
my appologize to OP if i hijacked the thread and to the forum if i violated policy for linking to xda

source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824162
source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814461

Download CM 6.1.2 for your phone and use the boot.img from that.
well i found this flash-patch zip that allows you to flash any AOSP/vanilia rom to the incredible from any device. there is also the same thing but modified to work for a sense rom from evo/nexus roms to incredible. obvousely meizu is neither an aosp or sense rom but it did make it kinda boot,maybe i did not wait long enough.
my appologize to OP if i hijacked the thread and to the forum if i violated policy for linking to xda

source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824162
source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814461

Well I'm curious if any of you know about furthering the nexus port. It looks like the thread that was posted earlier is basically dead.

logcat says that

E/SystemServer( 89): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java
:248)
I/SystemServer( 89): NetStat Service
I/SystemServer( 89): NetworkManagement Service
I/SystemServer( 89): Connectivity Service
W/dalvikvm( 89): threadid=14: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x
40025948)
V/ConnectivityService( 89): ConnectivityService starting up

it just sits there not starting up lol

Believe it or not, I didn't use logcat when doing this. I simply just put the port and the CM rom I used side by side and I pulled what I needed from the CM rom and put it into the Port rom. I didn't write the steps down I took. I know if I get time I can go back and retrace my steps but I lined them up, took what I needed, and if it didn't boot I made changes accordingly. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't even write it down...I'm sorry. Hopefully you can find a way to get it going. If not, once I get time I will re-do it and write down my steps...
logcat says that

E/SystemServer( 89): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java
:248)
I/SystemServer( 89): NetStat Service
I/SystemServer( 89): NetworkManagement Service
I/SystemServer( 89): Connectivity Service
W/dalvikvm( 89): threadid=14: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x
40025948)
V/ConnectivityService( 89): ConnectivityService starting up

it just sits there not starting up lol

definitely going to be following this. I would love to see this rom working on the incredible someday!