Menu key

rayoul

Members
Jun 14, 2013
Hi all,

For those who want to have the same keylayout as phones (Left button is menu instead of app switching), you can change the file /system/usr/keylayout/atmel-maxtouch.kl.

Replace the command APP_SWITCH and write MENU instead, save file, set rights as rw-r-r, then reboot.

You have to do it again if you update the device.
You need to have a root explorer and a text editor.
if the text editor can't save the file you can copy on sdcard or on a computer then replace the original file

Becarefull, if you don't follow all the steps yours buttons should not work. If it happens, and if you can't restore this function, update your mipad, all will be restore.

Sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:
Very useful tip, expecially for chrome that lost the three dots menu and became impossible to enter to the settings!

Reactions: rayoul
Great, thanks. Using the hint to deactivate all virtual buttons since they threw me out of gaming and apps too often accidentally.

This tip can be use to assignate any command to virtual buttons, in example for games you can assignate accelerate, brake or anyfing you want if you know what is the name of the command.

Last edited:
Great, thanks. Using the hint to deactivate all virtual buttons since they threw me out of gaming and apps too often accidentally.
For that you have a shortcut in the notification area (the switch at the bottom left)
du2e2ate.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt85R22
Hey
After a changing of system/usr/keylayout/atmel-maxtouch.kl. the key doesn't work at all
Any ideas?

after the latest update of developer miui and chrome the three dot menu is back in chrome, so no more need to hack the hw keys, the mapping wasn't workin' properly after the last update, so i replaced the original file

Settings => Buttons => long press Recent => Show Menu

If anyone interested i've used gravity box to change long press home button to do menu.
It works much better than the standard Settings => Buttons => long press Recent => Show Menu.

Cheers