Invalid Messages app crashed on miui 11 stable

yongtjunkit1

Members
Mar 29, 2019
Hi, after updating my xiaomi redmi 5 plus from the last miui 11 beta to miui 11 stable, I’ve noticed that some apps reports that it has stopped working, one of them is the messages app, can’t open it at all even after I’ve cleared all data

Hi, after updating my xiaomi redmi 5 plus from the last miui 11 beta to miui 11 stable, I’ve noticed that some apps reports that it has stopped working, one of them is the messages app, can’t open it at all even after I’ve cleared all data
Post the crash summary...

Post the crash summary...
Here's the crash summary for messages

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't downgrade database from version 112 to 111
at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:51)
at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)
at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:74)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:55)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:12)
at com.android.mms.util.cj.c(Unknown Source:1)
at com.android.mms.b.k.a(Unknown Source:13)
at com.android.mms.b.k.g(Unknown Source:40)
at com.android.mms.b.r.run(Unknown Source:4)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

Like you said, "after updating my xiaomi redmi 5 plus from the last miui 11 beta to miui 11 stable".
Where you're wrong is that you haven't updated, you downgraded from Beta to Stable. And you did so without factory reset, which is a must when downgrading.

Like you said, "after updating my xiaomi redmi 5 plus from the last miui 11 beta to miui 11 stable".
Where you're wrong is that you haven't updated, you downgraded from Beta to Stable. And you did so without factory reset, which is a must when downgrading.
So if I were to factory reset, can I backup and restore my data from mi cloud/ google account?

didn’t realize that it was downgrading since miui 11 stable is released at a later date than the last miui 11 beta

So if I were to factory reset, can I backup and restore my data from mi cloud/ google account?

didn’t realize that it was downgrading since miui 11 stable is released at a later date than the last miui 11 beta
It doesn't matter when the Stable was released. Stable is always behind the latest Beta by a few months.
You should be able to backup and restore using Mi Cloud and Google account. No guarantees, though.

It doesn't matter when the Stable was released. Stable is always behind the latest Beta by a few months.
You should be able to backup and restore using Mi Cloud and Google account. No guarantees, though.
Backing up and reset works for me, thanks for your help