Mi 10 - Need advice to install latest weekly ROM first installation.

sxHeavy

Members
Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys,

So I've been using weekly xiaomi.eu for Mi 8 (Dipper) since 2 years.Installing updates through TWRP.
As you know, sdm845 aren't supported anymore.
I made myself a gift and bought Mi 10 (umi) last week (official EEA Version sold in France on mi.com/fr)
My bootloader is locked, I did bind my mi account and ask for unlocking the BL with official program.
Unlock would be possible, tomorrow 8th December after 18h.

So I want to install the weekly xiaomi.eu ROMS.
It seems the Mi 10 series have the problem which there are only fastboot ROMS and no recovery ROM package.

In the 20.11.5 ingbrzy says
TWRP issue for cmi/lmi from 20.10.15/22/29 still exists. Unfornatunely it has been started to affect Mi 10 (umi) as well!

In the 20.11.11/12 ingbrzy says
About TWRP issue for cmi/umi/lmi: it has been fixed by new TWRP builds for these devices - download these builds here: Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10.
If you are flashing our ROM first time - flash these recoveries ONLY AFTER FLASH 20.10.15 and above for cmi/lmi, AFTER 20.11.5 for umi - otherwise you will get infinitive blinks on TWRP splash! Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well. These TWRP builds don't support /data decryption - next updates have to be installed via USB-OTG (adb sideload doesn't work).
Starting this week Xiaomi has changed beta release strategy - our Friday MIUI releases will be based on Wednesday builds, not Thursday!
Android 10 releases this week = 20.11.11, Android 11 = 20.11.12

SOoooooo,

If I understand everything correctly.
I must first install 20.11.5 but how ?
By following the [GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra ?

Can someone confirm this ?
Will something change with upcoming Android 11 release next Thursday/Friday ? (Need for new twrp) ?
(ps : Yes I have OTG and usk key for future updates).

Last edited:
Unlock period ends tonight, is there anyone there that would be nice to confirm the process ? Thx pals

I think i'm gonna wait the upcoming Android 11 release because there's not yet TWRP for umi android 11

Last edited:
Superwitschi said:
For Mi 10?

TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.zip

drive.google.com
drive.google.com
Superwitschi Designs
I just unlocked the Bootloader of my Mi 10 (umi).

I was on official miui EEA stable.

I did to test

Code:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
= OK

So

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
fastboot reboot recovery
It's working fine. I did format my /data partition. Now I have to install weekly EU.

In recovery I format Data, confirm by typing YES.

I flash with TWRP the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.12.2_v12-11.zip
Phone booted correctly after long time. im setting up everything

Last edited:
Reactions: cluster_edge
In recovery I format Data, confirm by typing YES.

I flash with TWRP the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.12.2_v12-11.zip
Phone booted correctly after long time. im setting up everything
I wish you a lot of fun with the xiaomi.eu rom.
I have already read reports from some users who also use the xiaomi.eu rom on the Mi10.
I am personally waiting for the official TWRP before I expose myself to the currently very high risk that the next rom update will lead to a softbrick of my Mi10.
Until then, I will stay with the EEA stable V12.0.6.0.QJBEUXM - even if the xiaomi.eu rom would have many advantages (e.g. call recording) for me.
Always remember to make a backup! No backup - no mercy.

Reactions: ondrej tarcal
Well for the feedback :
Installation (first installon mi 10) of the latest weekly ROM worked fine.
As said in new twrp-3.4.2b-1206 from wzsx150 the ROM would replace the recovery and now the only way is to
Code:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
to be able to install upcoming weekly release. For now.