Mi 10 poor GPS in europe after switching from Global to Xiaomi.EU Stable

TavarischBlin

Members
Jan 4, 2022
Hello,
I recently switched from Global 12.5.4 to Xiaomi.EU 12.5.10, currently 12.5.11 and now my GPS tracking is extremely inaccurate. Back at Global ROM the GPS quality was excellent.
What do to fix this?
This is extremely important to me.
Here's how GPS accuracy is with Xiaomi.EU [GPS completely drunk, doesn't follow the road/walking path, shows walking through water and buildings all the time]:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And here is how it was with Global ROM:

Offtopic: Can you please specify which application you used to track the path?
Have you tried the applications like "GPS Test" to see what is the "Accuracy"?

I'm thinking that issue could be related with the battery saver (No restrictions) and others permissions like "Access activity info" and the "Location info" (which should be "Always allow")

Last edited:
Reactions: biscoot
Might be the reason of the poor tracking!
Your report is a tracking made from GSM network tower and not with the GSM SAT.
Anyway you are a good swimmer!

@LOLO9393 @ciubex GPS accuracy in the test are low too, I already tried toggling between on/off with Google location "accuracy" settings and resetting A-GPS: both did not help. In GPS average SNR stays in orange 15 SNR ~ yellow 22 SNR, with accuracy of 10~20m only. At Global ROM it did stay 24~28 SNR and 3m accuracy. Same place, same test.
Also @ciubex I'm using Runkeeper, with battery set to No Restriction, Lock screen/pema notifications & autostart allowed, App "Locked" to prevent being killed etc. It did always work on my old Redmi 5 Plus through global MIUI 10, MIUI 11, and at Mi 10 5G with global MIUI 12 [up to latest 12.5.4IN]. Problems problems started occuring only after switching to Xiaomi.eu ROM.
Xiaomi.eu:

Last edited: