Mi 10 Ultra - Any Regrets?

Masteraal

Members
Oct 3, 2020
Hi all,

I'm on the fence on pulling the trigger on the 10 Ultra. I'm tossing up between a Oneplus 8 Pro ($1200), Find X2 Pro($1500), Pixel 5 ($1000) and the Ultra ($1350) (Australian pricing). I find the Ultra the most appealing spec wise but having reservations on the amount of effort required to make it work properly. I'm moderately capable when it comes to custom roms, but I havent really played around since my Nexus 6p days.

For those who got the phone, do you have any regrets of getting it? I'm seeing a few threads with issues with the weekly roms which are making me second guess getting it.

There are a fair good decent options out there so just wanting to hear from everyone with the phone.

Also as I'm in Australia, the lack of B28 also is in the back of my mind.

I am in the UK and come from a Huawei P40 Pro plus that was a phenomenal phone with GMS installed but they ( someone ) seems to continue to thwart users and every time you get it working well, an update to a Google framework app seems to stop its usual and expected use. Huawei themselves didn't help by not allowi the bootloader to be unlocked any more, so one could get a custom ROM produced either to get around the USA ban, so the mi 10 ultra was my best choice as a replacement.
It's lack of band 20 to me does stop one of my Sims use of 4G but as everyone is now using 4G, my 3G access is superb. My second sim, the works EE works fine on 4G, both are good on 5G. And with the Xiaomi.EU ROM, VoLTE and VoWiFI works too as does the whole Google framework apps. The phone has a great camera, it does still need a little software tweaking but it is a dam good replacement for my P40 Pro plus.
The ability to unlock the bootloader and flash custom ROMs and root if you want with the blessing as such from Xiaomi is an added bonus and waived me towards this too.
My only reservation is that all the recent Huawei phones have a second external PC option to run the phone on any HDMI screen from the usb as a desktop, I miss this with Xiaomi. If this could be included it would be excellent.

What is wrong with the pricing in your country dude!!! It's like 350$ minimum for every phone

However.
This year I tried the following

Note 20 ultra HK snapdragon. Snapdragon note 10 plus is way better than that crap

Mi 10 pro best speakers I tried on a phone. And best detailed photos with the right *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* port.

P40 pro plus best all-around phone I tried this year

Oppo find x2 pro. Battery sucks and screen is overrated with MEMC! and the extra battery hugging features

Iphone for 2 days then almost shot myself so got rid of it

Nothing comes close to the xiaomi this year! The only negative point about the ultra it doesn't have the MI 10 HUGE speakers! And for some reason not the same video quality at night!

The hardware is phenomenal on its own. I get double the battery life I got from a note 20 ultra. Great camera. Great screen. Really fast phone and it is never HOT! The software is amusing! I enjoy MIUI specially the EU ROM (themes the animation the system apps like notes and music which can work as a youtube music without subscription). I HATE the little bugs it comes with it but the developers always doing a fantastic job fixing them

The only phone comes close is the huawei one ... Which I believe trump just killed the best hardware all-around this year (p40 pro plus)

Reactions: neron
Thanks for your responses guy. It really helped push me over the line. I'll probably order from Wonda Mobile tonight. I agree with the p40 pro. Such a good phone but screwed over by the US.

Btw, those prices are AUD so once converted aren't too bad.

Edit:

Just ordered one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark F
I looked into them but they don't guarantee no import charges. Went with Wonda who said they will pay for it. Ended up being the same price as well.