Mi 10 Ultra in Europe

Fabiomed

Members
Aug 20, 2020
Hello,
what happens if I buy the Mi 10 Ultra with CH ROM and I want use it in Italy and Europe?
I do not care about language if I can select english, but what about frequencies? Does it work properly with european MHz?
Thanks.

Hello,
what happens if I buy the Mi 10 Ultra with CH ROM and I want use it in Italy and Europe?
I do not care about language if I can select english, but what about frequencies? Does it work properly with european MHz?
Thanks.
here are the mhz for ultra from gsmarena

TechnologyGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G bands1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
5G bands1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
SpeedHSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G

Reactions: Ted presley
Hello,
Thanks.
NO

Is there any difference between the CN and Multilang FW?! Snam 865 has support for all frequencies so isnt this software locked? (the original Mi Mix had the same issue and FW was not makeing a difference..)

Reactions: hhugu
Do you have changed the RO, or you are using the original ROM?

use xiaomi.eu rom its better more language :
  • ased on China Stable / Weekly builds
    [*]Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
    [*]3way reboot menu (in dev settings)
    [*]Dark Mode (Night Mode) for all devices
    [*]Removed ads in MIUI system apps
    [*]MIUI Dialer and Messages apps
    [*]Face Unlock for all devices
    [*]Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
    [*]Steps counter in Assistant screen
    [*]More shortcuts on left lockscreen
    [*]Wake up gestures for all devices
    [*]AI preloading option in MIUI Lab for all devices
    [*]Fullscreen gestures for all devices
    [*]Option to auto-expand first notification
    [*]Notifications priority settings
    [*]More edit options in Gallery app
    [*]Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
    [*]Added landscape mode for SMS app
    [*]Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
    [*]Google apps support integrated
    [*]Removed 5GHz region restrictions
    [*]Confirm dials from call logs
    [*]Morning report on alarm at morning
    [*]More apps supported for AOD notifications
    [*]More styles for AOD screen
    [*]Raise to wake gesture
    [*]AOD notification received animation
    [*]Default volume control stream toggle
    [*]Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
    [*]More Camera features
    [*]Double tap to lock screen
    [*]Battery AI scenes
    [*]Allowed disabling specific system apps
    [*]Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
    [*]No useless Chinese bloatware apps
    [*]More free RAM due to less background processes
    [*]Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
    [*]Advanced menu with color icons
    [*]No any Chinese character under the full system
    [*]Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
    [*]No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
    [*]Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
    [*]Added EU T9 dialer support
    [*]Added charging sound switch
    [*]Added Screen-OFF animation
    [*]Optimized GPS settings for EU
    [*]Optimized Battery consumption
    [*]Optimized RAM consumption
    [*]Added 3D Touch to MI5S 3GB RAM version
    [*]Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
    [*]Added more icons grid layout 4x5, 4x6, 4x7, 5x5, 5x6, 5x7 (depends on device)
    [*]SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
    [*]Play Store Certified
    [*]Deodexed
    [*]Added automated tasks in Security app
    [*]Added game speed booster
    [*]Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
    [*]Fixed low volume sound via headphone
    [*]Charging screen for all devices
    [*]Widevine L1 (for supported devices)
    [*]And more, and more made by our 9 years MIUI mods experience.

Do you have changed the RO, or you are using the original ROM?
I am using original but I will use xiaomi.eu ROM. Currently I am waiting for my bootloader unlock which Takes 1xx hours for Dome reason.
The original ROM ist fine but it has too many bloatware.

In terms of using the Xiaomi mi 10 Ultra, has anyone tried using QPST and QXSM as per the following guide?

I would be very interested in this phone if that guide works to get additional bands unlocked. The base modem is used in many devices in the UK so it's not a fundamental hardware capability issue.

In terms of using the Xiaomi mi 10 Ultra, has anyone tried using QPST and QXSM as per the following guide?

I would be very interested in this phone if that guide works to get additional bands unlocked. The base modem is used in many devices in the UK so it's not a fundamental hardware capability issue.

Sorry, this this Unlock band search self some days but think we must waiting and drink tea :)

Qualcomm 865
4G = x24 modem
5G = x55 modem

We wait of new Version like Qualcomm Tools etc...
on forum.xda-developers.com its old version not for QC 865 :)

Reactions: rav101

I've tried a few things, but couldn't get the software to recognize the Qualcomm modem, so none of the QPST versions I found were unable to communicate with the device. Most likely due to it being a newer and different modem, as maryjay noted.
The modem (x55) supports just about any frequency, but the phone might lack additional chips with antennas that need to do so too. That is still unclear.

So far I haven't really noticed the lack of B20. I've got 4G+ connections just about all of the time, and have terrific wifi at home, so it's not a real problem for me :)

I use band 20 with O2 but as everyone else is using 4G on O2, my 3G+ throughput is fantastic. EE works ok with LTE on SIM 2 and with the EU ROM, I've got VoLTE and VoWiFI too. Happy user in the UK and don't miss band 20 at all. BUT would obviously like it if software can be changed.

Thanks for explaining.

I guess it depends on your specific carrier and how heavily they use B20. There are also difference's in the 5g bands available which over the long term might also hold you back in Europe.

It's crazy to think this is how they do it. They should just release one global model with different firmware so even if you buy the phone in China, you can use it on business travel and vice versa.

I guess that's a pipe dream and for now we need to hope that they release a new version of these tools so we can try open it up to different bands.

Reactions: Mark F
I've tried a few things, but couldn't get the software to recognize the Qualcomm modem, so none of the QPST versions I found were unable to communicate with the device. Most likely due to it being a newer and different modem, as maryjay noted.
The modem (x55) supports just about any frequency, but the phone might lack additional chips with antennas that need to do so too. That is still unclear.

So far I haven't really noticed the lack of B20. I've got 4G+ connections just about all of the time, and have terrific wifi at home, so it's not a real problem for me :)

you spoke about B20 its not x55 modem its x24 modem (LTE/4G) , x55 its only 5G bands..

Xioami dont buy all bands on Qualcomm so its cheaper and only for Asia Country need this Band.
On Global version so pay more Cash to Company to unlock like B20 or B28 etc...

you spoke about B20 its not x55 modem its x24 modem (LTE/4G) , x55 its only 5G bands..

Xioami dont buy all bands on Qualcomm so its cheaper and only for Asia Country need this Band.
On Global version so pay more Cash to Company to unlock like B20 or B28 etc...
I think you'll find the Mi 10 Ultra does have the X55 modem. You can see it mentioned here in the official teardown-video Xiaomi has released:

The X55 supports 5G, but also LTE (4G), 3G and 2G - see here. It is however only a 'modem-to-antenna' sollution, so whether or not B20 / B28 can be supported by the Mi 10 Ultra depends on the antenna's it has connected to the modem. We might get lucky here if more alround sollutions were chosen so the same hardware can later be released as an international version. In that case, a software sollution might be possible, though it won't be easy. But then again, Xiaomi said they wouldn't release it internationally. So perhaps it doesn't have the antenna's, and then there's no software fix that can help us.

I am using original but I will use xiaomi.eu ROM. Currently I am waiting for my bootloader unlock which Takes 1xx hours for Dome reason.
The original ROM ist fine but it has too many bloatware.
You can sing in on google play with the original rom?