Mi 10 ultra stuck in bootloop /fastboot - recovery mode available

mitranator

Members
Feb 6, 2022
Hi Guys, I bought a second hand 10 Ultra that had the EU ROM version 12.10. Battery life, everything was perfect. EXCEPT the camera! And the camera was THE only reason to buy this phone. Horrible photos, a lot of smear and haze when a light source was in the picture, like a light bulb, computer screen, almost unusable. So after reading that the chinese ROM can fix the issue I've used Xiomiflash and installed the latest official CN ROM : https://xiaomirom.com/en/download/mi-10-ultra-cas-weekly-V13.0.0.1.1.DEV/ . Fantastic photos, great camera overall but many bugs concerning all the apps installed via Google Play. no real time notifications, gmail interface very laggy , an important battery drain (10% overnight as with EU Rom was 1-2%).
So I have decided to go back. I have download and tried to install an EU ROM, it installed something but froze halfway and after a few hours I stopped the program.
Tried again and no luck, now I get the error message "anti rollback check error". I have google it, ran the cmd I have a code 1 in the phone.
On youtube there is a fix to that and all the comments are positive, so I opened the "bat" file in a txt editor and deleted the first lines about the rollback check.
Open the EU ROM with Xiaomiflash and It started to work but froze again after 10'-20' for hours.
So for the time being I think I have a bricked phone that starts with a bootloop, I can get in into the chinese recovery but using that it gets it again in the bootloop, I tbelieve that it"s booting into a corrupted ROM.
I have found this tool from XIAOMI http://zhushou.xiaomi.com/ but it's all in chinese, I have tried with a camera translator app on another phone but it's just impossible to translate.
I really really hope I can still get it back to work! Ideally with an EU rom, a 12.5 version, if downgrading it's impossible then again with the version13 beta CN ROM that worked.
Anyone any idea?

To resume evrything: Phone worked with EU ROM 12.5 - Used xiomiflash - wipe evrything- installed CN rom v13 - wipe evrything /tried to reinstall EU ROM v12.5- roll back error -stuck - wipe everything/tried to reinstall the same CN ROM V13- stuck halfway - Phone in bootloop/ fastboot -can access recovery mode that doesn't help.

I know it's long but I spent 2 full days and evenings trying to solve it :-(

Thank you !

Hi Guys, I bought a second hand 10 Ultra that had the EU ROM version 12.10. Battery life, everything was perfect. EXCEPT the camera! And the camera was THE only reason to buy this phone. Horrible photos, a lot of smear and haze when a light source was in the picture, like a light bulb, computer screen, almost unusable. So after reading that the chinese ROM can fix the issue I've used Xiomiflash and installed the latest official CN ROM : https://xiaomirom.com/en/download/mi-10-ultra-cas-weekly-V13.0.0.1.1.DEV/ . Fantastic photos, great camera overall but many bugs concerning all the apps installed via Google Play. no real time notifications, gmail interface very laggy , an important battery drain (10% overnight as with EU Rom was 1-2%).
So I have decided to go back. I have download and tried to install an EU ROM, it installed something but froze halfway and after a few hours I stopped the program.
Tried again and no luck, now I get the error message "anti rollback check error". I have google it, ran the cmd I have a code 1 in the phone.
On youtube there is a fix to that and all the comments are positive, so I opened the "bat" file in a txt editor and deleted the first lines about the rollback check.
Open the EU ROM with Xiaomiflash and It started to work but froze again after 10'-20' for hours.
So for the time being I think I have a bricked phone that starts with a bootloop, I can get in into the chinese recovery but using that it gets it again in the bootloop, I tbelieve that it"s booting into a corrupted ROM.
I have found this tool from XIAOMI http://zhushou.xiaomi.com/ but it's all in chinese, I have tried with a camera translator app on another phone but it's just impossible to translate.
I really really hope I can still get it back to work! Ideally with an EU rom, a 12.5 version, if downgrading it's impossible then again with the version13 beta CN ROM that worked.
Anyone any idea?

To resume evrything: Phone worked with EU ROM 12.5 - Used xiomiflash - wipe evrything- installed CN rom v13 - wipe evrything /tried to reinstall EU ROM v12.5- roll back error -stuck - wipe everything/tried to reinstall the same CN ROM V13- stuck halfway - Phone in bootloop/ fastboot -can access recovery mode that doesn't help.

I know it's long but I spent 2 full days and evenings trying to solve it :-(

Thank you !
Hello, make sure that you have bootloader unlocked, move the miflash folder into C:\, in it create a folder named log and installed miflash drivers. Then move the rom that you want to flash in miflash folder (uncompressed). Dont forget that you should always select clean all before flashing. Save user data will lead in bootloop until you format and clean and lock could lead in brick. Also, I recommend you downloading the latest version from here https://xiaomiflashtool.com/
After this, you should give this forum's rom a try since it's based on the chinese version

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, make sure that you have bootloader unlocked, move the miflash folder into C:\, in it create a folder named log and installed miflash drivers. Then move the rom that you want to flash in miflash folder (uncompressed). Dont forget that you should always select clean all before flashing. Save user data will lead in bootloop until you format and clean and lock could lead in brick. Also, I recommend you downloading the latest version from here https://xiaomiflashtool.com/
After this, you should give this forum's rom a try since it's based on the chinese version
Unfortunately there is something definitely wrong with it.
With latest MiFlash 20210813 I cannot use it give the error message "cannot find the path/log/miflash@2022219.txt".

I have tried the older version , the 20210226 and it opened but won't recognize the .tgz rom file, but once the ROM uncompressed in a folder it started to work but I've got a "timeout error".
I have downloaded some other ROM's and move the zip file into the C;MiFlash folder but again the program give me the error "cannot find the "flash all.bat" file inside the zip.

Is there an alternative way to do it or where am I making a mistake?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Unfortunately there is something definitely wrong with it.
With latest MiFlaI have done this but The program won't recognize the .tgz rom file, but uncompressed in a folder it started to work then I've got a "timeout error". I have downloaded some other ROM's and move the zip file but again the program doesn't even see the "flash all.bat" file inside the zip.
Are you sure that you have installed a fastboot rom and not recovery? Also, it must not be a compressed file, but a folder. Extract the tgz, then the zip and then move the folder into miflash folder. Did you also check all the other steps i mentioned? Please provide more details on what you did and if possible send a picture of the full error message

Thankl you for your reply and sorry for the delay. I have tried again and again everything and checked your points but I got stuck at writing the image file, with xiaomiflashtool, with adb command also with adb flash tools.
BUT: with flashtools I was able to remove the downgrade protection. Maybe thanks to this I was able to go a different route:
I've installed twrp , then shut down and restore the adb so I got the rom copied onto the phone, rebooted into twrp, installed the ROM and...volià!
I have managed to fix everything under one hour after so much hassle with xiaomiflashtool.
Thank you anyway, you were the only reply that I had, I hope this might help someone else too.

Thankl you for your reply and sorry for the delay. I have tried again and again everything and checked your points but I got stuck at writing the image file, with xiaomiflashtool, with adb command also with adb flash tools.
BUT: with flashtools I was able to remove the downgrade protection. Maybe thanks to this I was able to go a different route:
I've installed twrp , then shut down and restore the adb so I got the rom copied onto the phone, rebooted into twrp, installed the ROM and...volià!
I have managed to fix everything under one hour after so much hassle with xiaomiflashtool.
Thank you anyway, you were the only reply that I had, I hope this might help someone else too.
Glad to hear that everything works again