Mi 10t lite 5g dead...suggest a replacement?

MiNiMaL_FuSS

Members
Aug 5, 2021
So my lovely 10t lite has stopped charging, I'll try the local phone shop for a repair tomorrow, but am probably looking at a replacement.

I've not kept up with Xiaomi phones the last year or two.

What's the current mid-range king?

The 10t lite was a great phone for me, I don't play games so don't need anything premium, but a good screen and a decent camera won't go a miss.

If we're talking about Snapdragon, I would bet on Mi 11 Lite 5G (older but gets updates quicker, MIUI 14 Android 13 is already available) or Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE (newer but questionable update schedule).
There's also Xiaomi 12 Lite, which is obviously newer and has more modern hardware (although the SoC is the same as Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE), but it's a Global-exclusive device, which means no China ROM (and no Weeklies), updates seem to be slower and when MIUI 14 is coming is unknown.

Reactions: c4cat
Hi all,

Just a little update on this.

Have twice had my 10t lite repaired.

The first time they cleared the glue and resoldered the connections, it seemed like it worked, but the next day it stopped charging.

The second time they replaced the chargeport pcb, it seemed like it worked, but after a few days it stopped charging.

Suggests to me that something is borked on the mainboard? Any other suggestions before it does in the bin?