Mi 10Ultra unable to boot up after messing around with partition

pro5_0nr

Members
Oct 10, 2020
TWRP version 3.4.2b-0623
ROM MIUI v13 22.6.22

Hi I know there was a similar thread already created a while back but I wasn't able to get a solution from it.

I essentially stopped updating my weekly roms last year near the end of miui v12 when the recovery releases. All newer releases were fastboot only and my win10 PC wasn't connecting properly to the phone. Then all of a sudden this week I got an update notification that was allowing me to download directly. I installed it through TWRP without formatting and it booted up except it kept crashing (had to download NOVA to use my apps but the crashing continued for the stock launcher).
I downloaded an older ROM that I remember working for me and went to try to install in TWRP but I couldn't see my data at all (showing 0mb). I googled the problem and saw a suggestion to convert to EXT2 to view my files again. I don't remember what I'm supposed to do to get things working again. Even if I try re-installing the ROM's it never goes past TWRP.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or what I'm forgetting about? I'm getting desperate at this point

I did.

I really don't know what I did differently, but after attempt number 5 or 6, it finally took the update through twrp.
I'm running the latest weekly now... just need to restore all my 2 years worth of apps, files, tweaks, pics, etc :emoji_weary: