Mi 11 Pro safety

Weitflieger

Members
Mar 19, 2022
Hi Xiaomi EU team,

After being absent from the Custom Rom market for about six years, I'm looking for a new phone and got my eye on the Xiaomi mi 11 pro.

I can order one on Trading Shenzhen with EU ROM already installed.

In the description it says safetynet failed, does this mean that my Banking Apps will not work.

Will apps like below work?

Ing Diba, Binance, coinbase, flatex, traderepublic, KeePass

Will there be any other limitations regarding the safetynet failed?

Best Regards and thanks!

As far as I know, the current version of the ROM pass Safetynet (YMMV, Google can change the rules), so I guess you have to ask your seller about the details of what they mean.

Also keep in mind that buying with the ROM preinstalled does not help this much, you still have to manually install the updates... At best, you dodge the 7 day unlock period.

Thanks for your help.

I could chose between these three options:

1. CHINA Firmware = Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1

2. XIAOMI.EU Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Passed + manual Updates + Widevine Level 1

3. GLOBAL Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Failed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1 !NO GOOGLE PAY

I guess the second option is the one I should choose?

Will there be an option to install Google play?

Best regards and thank again!

Google Play is installed by default on Xiaomi.eu ROM.

For the option, do as you want, the list of pros and cons seems very clear. Again, except for the unlock that take 7 days, it is easy enough to switch.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Can you update the rom like lineage os or do I have to start at factory image after update?

You must start from fresh, format data on first install. After that updates can go on top with no format. The reason you must format data is that different ROM branches may have different partition layouts, so installing just on top will not work.