Mi 11 pro stuck on fastboot

bigb93

Members
Jul 1, 2021
Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place, and hope someone can help before I cry aha,

I tried to change my phone to the global rom I unlocked the bootloader from a walk through on youtube using the miflash unlock tool waited the seven days for it to complete, went to do it this morning downloaded the latest stable rom with fast boot and ran the script it appeared to complete my phone rebooted and now wont go farther than the fastboot screen tried the restore from XaoiMItool v2 which failed several times then tried mi flash tool which gave the error miflash error:Writing 'modem_ab' Failed (status read failed (too many links)) then with error mistmatched image and now after hours of looking around for an answer im more confused than i've ever been and worried my device is a expensive paper weight.

Thanks in anticipation

Did you use a script? clean all and lock - flash_all_lock.bat
If so, a big mistake.
If you want to lock the bootloader back, you can only do so with the ROM for that phone variant. I.e. for the global version of the phone only with Global ROM, for the Chinese variant of the phone only with China ROM!

Did you use a script? clean all and lock - flash_all_lock.bat
If so, a big mistake.
If you want to lock the bootloader back, you can only do so with the ROM for that phone variant. I.e. for the global version of the phone only with Global ROM, for the Chinese variant of the phone only with China ROM!
I used flash_all i can see the phone in the mi unlock tool still and it reports it as still unlocked i followed this guide
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
using the 2nd method but subbed in the rom from here, and when it appeared to have finished it disconnected my phone and wouldn't boot was my first time trying this so made sure to follow instructions to the letter aswell :S

Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place, and hope someone can help before I cry aha,

I tried to change my phone to the global rom I unlocked the bootloader from a walk through on youtube using the miflash unlock tool waited the seven days for it to complete, went to do it this morning downloaded the latest stable rom with fast boot and ran the script it appeared to complete my phone rebooted and now wont go farther than the fastboot screen tried the restore from XaoiMItool v2 which failed several times then tried mi flash tool which gave the error miflash error:Writing 'modem_ab' Failed (status read failed (too many links)) then with error mistmatched image and now after hours of looking around for an answer im more confused than i've ever been and worried my device is a expensive paper weight.

Thanks in anticipation
In the script for the file <flash-all.bat>, as well as the others in the official stock roms, there are anti-roll back lines in that script. If you download Notepad++ and open the file, just delete lines 4-11and resave file. If you have the latest version of the MiFlash tool, there is a configuration tab at the top left hand side. Select the configuration tab then Miui configuration then delete everything in the checkpoint box. Remember to select the clean all radio button in the lower right hand corner. This will use the flash-all.bat script. If you wish to use the others, you must also edit their scrpts in the same manner.

The anti-rollback portion of the script is there to prevent users from using a different or lesser rom version. So unless you remove the script, it will always error out since the China version always has a higher version number. For example, the China rom is now on 12.5.9, while the EEA rom is on 12.5.6 and the Global is on 12.5.2. The Indonesian version is also on 12.5.2.

Reactions: sunset_in_mars
In the script for the file <flash-all.bat>, as well as the others in the official stock roms, there are anti-roll back lines in that script. If you download Notepad++ and open the file, just delete lines 4-11and resave file. If you have the latest version of the MiFlash tool, there is a configuration tab at the top left hand side. Select the configuration tab then Miui configuration then delete everything in the checkpoint box. Remember to select the clean all radio button in the lower right hand corner. This will use the flash-all.bat script. If you wish to use the others, you must also edit their scrpts in the same manner.

The anti-rollback portion of the script is there to prevent users from using a different or lesser rom version. So unless you remove the script, it will always error out since the China version always has a higher version number. For example, the China rom is now on 12.5.9, while the EEA rom is on 12.5.6 and the Global is on 12.5.2. The Indonesian version is also on 12.5.2.
Thank you :) I've given it ago but it's not worked gave me a device mismatch error :S but i've seen that you needed to remove the first to lines to fix that issue so gave that ago and now its given me error.Erasing 'boot_ab' Failed ( write to device failed (no link) error... might cry ahah

Sounds like an EDL flash is your only option. There are links here on the forum for these guys that can recover your phone at a small cost (£23) was mine, to get it back, I used this guy on telegram, @*spam*paid*service* .
You should not have flashed a fastboot ROM. They were only there until a twrp version was available. TWRP is a safe flash option when having a/b storage. Mine done the same back before twrp as many others did. Some worked some didn't, so get an EDL guy to flash the global ROM on it for you and forget fastboot from Chinese to EU. If you want to try again, use TWRP. Hope you get it back to use again soon.

Sounds like an EDL flash is your only option. There are links here on the forum for these guys that can recover your phone at a small cost (£23) was mine, to get it back, I used this guy on telegram, @*spam*paid*service* .
You should not have flashed a fastboot ROM. They were only there until a twrp version was available. TWRP is a safe flash option when having a/b storage. Mine done the same back before twrp as many others did. Some worked some didn't, so get an EDL guy to flash the global ROM on it for you and forget fastboot from Chinese to EU. If you want to try again, use TWRP. Hope you get it back to use again soon.
Cheers Mark I'll give him a shout i'm greener than green when it come to this so had I know im might have done but if i can get it back on i'll be happy

Reactions: Mark F
im not really sure what to do with that the phones just stuck on the fast boot image and does nothing else
HI I had problem same as you, I tried a lots of way and didn't get fixed , because it stock on Fastboot LOGO and it must to flash with someone has Authorized account from Xiaomi
After 4 months try and do nothing, I found a guy called @*spam*paid*service* in telegram , he take money from PayPal will flash your phone with TeamViewer app wirelessly

Reactions: ttem985

Thanks in anticipation
HI I had problem same as you, I tried a lots of way and didn't get fixed , because it stock on Fastboot LOGO and it must to flash with someone has Authorized account from Xiaomi
After 4 months try and do nothing, I found a guy called @*spam*paid*service* in telegram , he take money from PayPal will flash your phone with TeamViewer app wirelessly

Reactions: milan789
Why pay money when you can use the MiUnlock tool for free. Did you steal this phone and can't use your Mi account?

It's not an unlock issue here. It seems that the issue happend after the unlock and during the use of miflash. I never use it, always use command prompts for flashing fastboot ROMs.
If you have read a lot of posts, there was issues with the A/B storage that this phone uses and flashing the unused partition because the script at that time didn't check. To cut a long story short, many 11 Ultra's got to a stage where only an EDL flash was the answer. Since Xiaomi removed the general use of EDL flashing, some people have managed to be able to generate the EDL authorisation codes needed for the recovery. It does cost but not a lot, but it does get you back with a fully working phone.
Obviously since twrp ROMs were made available, there is not the issue with moving to EU ROMs but some people want to change from stock to Global and that means the issue is back as they use fastboot ROMs for this.

It's not an unlock issue here. It seems that the issue happend after the unlock and during the use of miflash. I never use it, always use command prompts for flashing fastboot ROMs.
If you have read a lot of posts, there was issues with the A/B storage that this phone uses and flashing the unused partition because the script at that time didn't check. To cut a long story short, many 11 Ultra's got to a stage where only an EDL flash was the answer. Since Xiaomi removed the general use of EDL flashing, some people have managed to be able to generate the EDL authorisation codes needed for the recovery. It does cost but not a lot, but it does get you back with a fully working phone.
Obviously since twrp ROMs were made available, there is not the issue with moving to EU ROMs but some people want to change from stock to Global and that means the issue is back as they use fastboot ROMs for this.
Yes, I have had a case of running fastboot rom but current-slot is B. As a result, the Mi11Pro phone turned into a brick. And it costs 30$ to get it working again (unbrick) :D.
It's good that there is now TWRP :)

Reactions: Mark F
As far as I know. There's no official Global ROM for Mi 11 Pro as it was a China release only. The only way is to use EU ROM. I've used TWRP to flash the EU ROM on my Chinese Mi 11 Ultra and it's working flawlessly...

Great job . He helped me restore Mi 11 Ultra with a locked bootloader. True, a little expensive, but still better than shaking the phone.

Great job . He helped me restore Mi 11 Ultra with a locked bootloader. True, a little expensive, but still better than shaking the phone.

is there any guide or a solution for fastboot on this mi 11 pro? i feel that this phone is a buying mistake ! many crashes on camera, answering calls and then the notification screen rolling down , many problems and zero solutions even here from the developers of this rom. i feel like a waste of money

is there any guide or a solution for fastboot on this mi 11 pro? i feel that this phone is a buying mistake ! many crashes on camera, answering calls and then the notification screen rolling down , many problems and zero solutions even here from the developers of this rom. i feel like a waste of money
From what I see you have heavy difficulty flashing and frankly, as your phone is EDL like, I suggest you to ask the russian group to refresh it to stock rom LOCKED bootloader and live with this good phone without trouble.
This is only my perception of what you expressed here and then.
Sorry if you feel it hard.

From what I see you have heavy difficulty flashing and frankly, as your phone is EDL like, I suggest you to ask the russian group to refresh it to stock rom LOCKED bootloader and live with this good phone without trouble.
This is only my perception of what you expressed here and then.
Sorry if you feel it hard.
no , i dont have any difficult in flashing , but suddenly you expose to bootloop and suddenly the camera crash and the answering , etc . its all with the eu rom stable . is it mean that im not experience one???

I am currently as well stuck after trying to flash my new MI11 Ultra with the official MI11 Ultra EEA flash ROM version. My phone is stuck in the flash process for the last 8h now. I followed the official instructions from: https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2 . Unfortunately I chose to use the "clean all and lock" option within the flashing tool. After reading the forum here this seems to cause issues?
When I disconnect the phone and restart it, it remains to be stuck in the Fastboot mode.. so far now success. Anyone has an idea? Is it bricked?

I also tried to disconnect it and restart the whole process - this time with the "clean all" option. Still seems to be stuck (aborted after 1h of endless flashing). Tried it with the EAA flash ROM. I'm now going to try it with the official Glob ROM as the next step.

Last edited:
Update: Even though the flashing process of the Global ROM failed (which is better than running endlessly) with the following error: "error:Not catch checkpoint (\$fastboot -s .* lock). flash is not done" it seems to have flashed it successful. Device is booting up and I'm currently within the device setup process.

Reactions: katerpanne