Mi 11 Ultra in 2022, still interesting ?

Hashashiinn

Members
Nov 5, 2022
Hi everybody,

I just join this forum as I was looking for some good Xiaomi to buy.. I am quite interested by the 12T pro but I fell in love with the Mi 11 Ultra !

I always bought iPhones, the last one I bought is the iPhone 11. I am quite happy with  but recently I wanted try something new…

All the reviews said good stuff about the Mi 11 Ultra but I recently read that it had overheating issues. But I didn’t see if this issue is still there.

First question, is the overheating issue still their even with the MIUI13 ?

Second question, there is a great deal in Aliexpress (594€) for a Chinese version with Global ROM. After reading tons and tons of topics I still don’t really get this and I don’t know what to do if I buy the phone.
My second question is : if I buy the Chinese version with Global ROM, what will I have ? Banking apps won’t work ? NFC payments ?
But if I install by myself Xiaomi.EU ROM I will have everything working ?

I don’t know if it’s clear or not, sorry if it has been asked before

It’s been days I am looking for every information, I really love this phone and I want to be sure that everything can be fix if I buy it

Thank you for your help and support !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Regioenleon
I have a Mi 11 Ultra, with stable 13.0.13 ROM.
Great camera, good sound. Some bugs when downloading attached files from gmail . I am waiting for new update, but I think a factory reset can fix it.
Good price in TradingShenzhen, it's worth buying there

Reactions: Hashashiinn
I have a Mi 11 Ultra, with stable 13.0.13 ROM.
Great camera, good sound. Some bugs when downloading attached files from gmail . I am waiting for new update, but I think a factory reset can fix it.
Good price in TradingShenzhen, it's worth buying there

And do you have any overheating issue with it ?
How is the battery ?

Because I have a great deal for a Chinese version with Global ROM, I just need a little push to do the big jump into this new world

But if I install by myself Xiaomi.EU ROM I will have everything working ?Yeap
Better buy CN version if cheaper.
GLOBAL Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Failed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1 !NO GOOGLE PAY

And do you have any overheating issue with it ?
How is the battery ?

Because I have a great deal for a Chinese version with Global ROM, I just need a little push to do the big jump into this new world
There is no problem about overheating until now. (I don't use it for gaming, that's the true).
Battery is enough for two days in normal use. This ROM is quite energy-saver.

As a precautionary measure, I try not to use quick charger. It works fine but the device is hot while charging in 67W charger.

Thank you guys !! I think the only thing left is to buy the beast and get rid of my old phone ; A little bit sad regarding my Apple Watch tho ...

I am lost regarding the installation tutorials available ; There a lot of topics and many pages for Mi 11 sections..

Is this the link I should follow for installing Xiaomi.eu ROM ?

Thank you guys !! I think the only thing left is to buy the beast and get rid of my old phone ; A little bit sad regarding my Apple Watch tho ...

I am lost regarding the installation tutorials available ; There a lot of topics and many pages for Mi 11 sections..

Is this the link I should follow for installing Xiaomi.eu ROM ?

I don't know, my phone was unlocked and Stable ROM was already previously installed when I bought in TradingShenzhen. You can choose your ROM when buying there, and I reccomend Stable xiaomi.eu ROM, with OTA updates and Google services working.

Look here if you want to install yourself:

I don't know, my phone was unlocked and Stable ROM was already previously installed when I bought in TradingShenzhen. You can choose your ROM when buying there, and I reccomend Stable xiaomi.eu ROM, with OTA updates and Google services working.

Look here if you want to install yourself:

I will buy on another website in which there are lot of good sales these days and Mi 11 Ultra is cheaper and quick to deliver for France than Trading Shenzhen, I’ll only need to install Xiaomi.EU ROM by myself

You’ve all convinced me, I will order it asap !
I’ll keep you updated in case I fail something

Thanks again !

Hello,
The mi 11 ultra is a good device, great camera and fast.
On the other hand, it overheats very quickly and on several occasions it is blocked following video

Reactions: Franch
Hello,
The mi 11 ultra is a good device, great camera and fast.
On the other hand, it overheats very quickly and on several occasions it is blocked following video
Can you give more details please? What are the apps that cause phone overheating?
Video and camera app works fine in my Mi 11 Ultra... You are talking about watching videos from youtube or similar?

Hello !! Si I've tried it and I am si happy with it !!! I juste have only 1 issue I Cannet migrate my WhatsApp data from iPhone neither by using "Export to Android" feature in app or the classic migration when setting my Mi 11 Ultra the first time. Nothing happens on my Mi 11 Ultra since I installed the 13.0.13 stable ROM. The previous ROM installed by the vendor did not have this issue as it asked me to connect my iPhone when doing the initial setup of the phone

Any Idea on why ?

I have a Mi 11 Ultra with 13.0.13 Stable ROM and Whatsapp works fine. I did a whatsapp backup in my old phone (backup in Google Drive) and when I installed whatsapp in my Xiaomi Ultra, the app detected a backup and ask me to restore it. All OK.

I have a Mi 11 Ultra with 13.0.13 Stable ROM and Whatsapp works fine. I did a whatsapp backup in my old phone (backup in Google Drive) and when I installed whatsapp in my Xiaomi Ultra, the app detected a backup and ask me to restore it. All OK.

How did you do a back up on Google drive ? Your old phone was an android ??

Inside Whatsapp, you can go to Settings - Chats and there is an option to do a backup in Drive, or restore from there.

Inside Whatsapp, you can go to Settings - Chats and there is an option to do a backup in Drive, or restore from there.
I dont have this option in iPhone and the "Export to Android" is not working, maybe I need to install a New data recovery tool

Envoyé de mon M2102K1G en utilisant Tapatalk

Mi 11 Ultra
Model: M2102K1G
MIUI: 14.0.4.0 TKAEUXM
Android Version: 13 TKQ1.220829.002
Bought from Trading Shenzhen (germany probably)
January this year!

Camera overheats, records until 5minutes and shutdown app! Phone still works fine, but extremly HOT!
In the car i could record for 9 mintes due to air conditioning refreshing all the time, the phone!

Same thing with whatsapp video-calls, it only lasts 5 minutes!

The ROM was CN, anda i'v already tried EU rom. I still need to try Global Rom to see if stills the overheating issue!

Does anybody still have this issue?

Mi 11 Ultra
Model: M2102K1G
MIUI: 14.0.4.0 TKAEUXM
Android Version: 13 TKQ1.220829.002
Bought from Trading Shenzhen (germany probably)
January this year!

Camera overheats, records until 5minutes and shutdown app! Phone still works fine, but extremly HOT!
In the car i could record for 9 mintes due to air conditioning refreshing all the time, the phone!

Same thing with whatsapp video-calls, it only lasts 5 minutes!

The ROM was CN, anda i'v already tried EU rom. I still need to try Global Rom to see if stills the overheating issue!

Does anybody still have this issue?
Try to upgrade to last Stable EU ROM with clean installation (format data).
I have a Mi 11 Ultra with MIUI 14 EU ROM 14.0.9.0 and it works fine.

Reactions: ruijorgesilva1
Try to upgrade to last Stable EU ROM with clean installation (format data).
I have a Mi 11 Ultra with MIUI 14 EU ROM 14.0.9.0 and it works fine.
Ok I Will try at the end of the day, and give feedback.
Yesterday i've updated via OTA with Miui 14.9.0 CN but camera Burns the same, with same behavior.