Mi 11 Ultra, yes or not

burek11

Members
Apr 23, 2021
Hey guys,

I want to change my old phone and I was thinking of buying the new Mi 11 Ultra. But I read a lot that the performence and camera quality are not "ultra". Also, I see a lot of people complaining about the MIUI software, random crashes, notifications not working, battery life is not good, overheating issues. I'm looking for a phone that has a really monster camera, but from what I see and read, the Mi 11 ultra didn't do the job well. What do you think guys? 1k eur for a phone that has only good stats, but in practise he can not stand the new Samsung 21 ultra.

Well, for me the Mi11U is a very good phone, eye-to-eye with the likes of S21U etc

That said each phone and UI has it specific strengths and weaknesses, so I'm afraid you have to find your own optimum there ;)

I own the S21U and (obviously) the Mi11U, camera wise they are neck to neck. I personally prefer the Mi-processing, but that also is a matter of taste. Zoom lenses have different Zoom ranges they cover, so you need to evaluate which fits best for you.

You may find a set of comparison images I made here, although the forum is German I think the images speak to themselves (first is always S21U, second Mi11U)

Gesendet von meinem M2102K1C mit Tapatalk

Reactions: burek11
Well, for me the Mi11U is a very good phone, eye-to-eye with the likes of S21U etc

That said each phone and UI has it specific strengths and weaknesses, so I'm afraid you have to find your own optimum there ;)

I own the S21U and (obviously) the Mi11U, camera wise they are neck to neck. I personally prefer the Mi-processing, but that also is a matter of taste. Zoom lenses have different Zoom ranges they cover, so you need to evaluate which fits best for you.

You may find a set of comparison images I made here, although the forum is German I think the images speak to themselves (first is always S21U, second Mi11U)

Gesendet von meinem M2102K1C mit Tapatalk
Thank you very much for your reply. It's a matter of taste and honestly, looking at the pictures you take with both phones, I'm not thrilled. Niteher S21U and 11U are not impressive to me. I know it's still a phone and not a DSLR camera, but I thought the 11U with the bigger sensor will do the job much better. Offtopic, have you updated the MI11 with the new software? If so, is there any improvment of the camera?

Thank you very much for your reply. It's a matter of taste and honestly, looking at the pictures you take with both phones, I'm not thrilled. Niteher S21U and 11U are not impressive to me. I know it's still a phone and not a DSLR camera, but I thought the 11U with the bigger sensor will do the job much better. Offtopic, have you updated the MI11 with the new software? If so, is there any improvment of the camera?

Yes, I did - the photos have been taken with 12.5.2, now my phone is on 12.5.3 which claims to have the "DXO camera software" on board :) I'm in the process of takeing updated comparison pictures, so far it doesn't seem to be a huge leap - I can see sharpening has increased a bit (which I'm not sure I like in all conditions) and colour rendition has been improved. On that matter I'm really curious whether the night-sky issue has been resolved :)

Reactions: 4fun20 and burek11
Yes, I did - the photos have been taken with 12.5.2, now my phone is on 12.5.3 which claims to have the "DXO camera software" on board :) I'm in the process of takeing updated comparison pictures, so far it doesn't seem to be a huge leap - I can see sharpening has increased a bit (which I'm not sure I like in all conditions) and colour rendition has been improved. On that matter I'm really curious whether the night-sky issue has been resolved :)
That would be nice to see the differences between 12.5.2 and 12.5.3. Keep us/me posted on the changes :)

I like the ultra , with the last updates the camera improved.
With CN12.0.13 the 5x sensor had some issues on low and medium distance ( less than 3 meters) wich became better now.
Overall it doesn't fulfill the hyped picture quality expectations but it's not bad.
I am hoping for the future.
The phone itself is a beast, even when it's heavy.

Reactions: burek11 and s3axel
For the camera I still prefer mi 10 pro with *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* port (7.3 not the new 8.1 port)
It gives incredible details even in low light.
From a brief comparison with my friend's mi 11 ultra. It's only superior in zoom(stills and videos) ... Battery, speakers and heat while gaming still better on the mi 10 pro