Mi 14 Ultra - no app permission requests popups - unable to use apps

DReffects

Members
May 25, 2021
I guess this is probably more of a a hyperOS issue (if so please move this thread).

I've transfered all data via the assistant from the mi 11 ultra to mi 14 ultra. Unfortunately the phone does not show the typical permission popups when apps are trying to use location or access storage.

I cannot use any app that needs location or storage permissions due to the popup not showing.

is there a fix for this?

I'm doing the same! But I wait for the xiaomi.eu rom First, beta is out btw, our device is an aurora right?

I'll report once I've cloned my 11 to the 14.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Where did you find this first beta?
8262d7d9f80d1de70bc27efd20a2b686.jpg

Not sure if it's a beta thou

Feedback from my end: Bascially everything is broken with the phone transfer from my previous Mi 11 ultra. Apps don't show permission popups, things like VPN via Ubiquiti WifiMan or Split Screen does not work and the list goes on and on.

I did a full reset of the phone and only transfered SMS, Wifi Passwords and nothing else during setup. Now all those things work. It really sucks to reintegrate over 200 Apps now :-(

Feedback from my end: Bascially everything is broken with the phone transfer from my previous Mi 11 ultra. Apps don't show permission popups, things like VPN via Ubiquiti WifiMan or Split Screen does not work and the list goes on and on.

I did a full reset of the phone and only transfered SMS, Wifi Passwords and nothing else during setup. Now all those things work. It really sucks to reintegrate over 200 Apps now :-(
s**t that's a bummer, did you try mi mover (mi share nowadays) or an app like good old titanium backup (root required).

I might have the same issue soon...

86f0535e2b24251be079c747699378c8.jpg

Last edited:
I tried backup to computer then move the backup file to phone and restore. Everything seems to be working. Some app do have crashing issue, works after clear the data.
As for permission, maybe try assign the permission in app setting?

besides the permissions stuff i had functionallity of the OS itself not working. For example a long tap onto individual programs in the "task manager" to initiate split screen mode would either not show the split screen bubble or crash the launcher.
I was also unable to create new VPN connections. the buttons simply would not respond.

@Karpfenhai Good luck!