MI-2 Device Review

No worries, and i can assure you, no SD card slot is going to be on this for retail version.

I guess OTG cable + usb memory stick would have to do for this cellphone.. actually 16gb phone with OTG is enough already, even if you have a bunch of games and apps..

if you are someone who store a lot of movies, music and other stuff like that on the phone, might as well do it on the usb memory stick..

I just hope they do fix it so it can be used in Xiaomi 1 as well, its really useful to have..

I am not Mark, but I know that 3100 battery is only an extra option.
Firstly I want to know how long 2000 battery is working, maybe no need 3100 battery at all)
No worry bro :D, I thought I can just choose 3100mah as default like how you buy Dell laptop :p...

No worry bro :D, I thought I can just choose 3100mah as default like how you buy Dell laptop :p...

I just know the battery is going to be a little bit thicker than the 2000mAh that comes with the phone.

but i dont know how is that going to fit, i can only imagine another type of back cover made especially for this for it..

What i still cant understand si why xiaomi decided not to put an sd-card slot on the MI-2 its 10.2mm thick there is more than enough room for an sdcard slot, hell even thinner phones have sdcard slots, i was contemplating the idea of maybe getting one, but no sdcard slot is a show stopper for me, BUT none the less it is indeed an amazing device awesome hardware/software hands down.

What i still cant understand si why xiaomi decided not to put an sd-card slot on the MI-2 its 10.2mm thick there is more than enough room for an sdcard slot, hell even thinner phones have sdcard slots, i was contemplating the idea of maybe getting one, but no sdcard slot is a show stopper for me, BUT none the less it is indeed an amazing device awesome hardware/software hands down.

My guess is that it's to save on costs, and also to put more emphasis on the cloud, especially with solutions such as MiCloud and MiDrive available.

the reason of no_SD-slot is not in price of it, but in money Xiaomi will get from Cloud in the future. The Cloud technology is the #1 thing All mobile companies will get money from in the future. And today Xiaomi trying to put Cloud-using in our minds! (I dont saying its bad)

Cloud used to suck, because it took ages to upload and ages to download. However, with the age of LTE coming. I can download/upload up to 1GB as if I was sitting at my own computer.

So you really never notice the cloud is there because it acts as fast as the SD card would.

Just to confirm, those on Verizon are basically left out, right? I've been able to upgrade for months now and I'd hate to leave Verizon, join AT&T, just for a sim card for this phone.

in Russia we have no contract system, so its no matter with operator to use. But 3.5G in Russia is still suck, so using Cloud is more difficult than watching Twilight twice)

i ll never trust something that is on a cloud metaphorically speaking..

i like what i can touch and feel, in this case physical memory lol, otg will have to do =)

i ll never trust something that is on a cloud metaphorically speaking..

i like what i can touch and feel, in this case physical memory lol, otg will have to do =)
Yea - OTG is the preferred way forward anyway :) everyone's got memory sticks! :)

Hi there Mark,

I'm just a bit curious: Is there a dual boot option for both stock google and Miui? I thought i read that somewhere.
Second: does the device have limitations in the google play store, as in device not supported?

Thanks in advance and for the review! Looking forward to the video.

Mark.. the rumours are saying 18 october right? for the launch. What about people from europe.. can u give a site where we can buy it? I guess xiaomi.com doesn't ship to europe etc?

I dont think this October release will have international shipping options, because before they do that they need international support / documentation which will take probably 5-10 months to setup.

If you buy an Xiaomi anything, and you don't live in China. Your on your own support wise.

Where can I buy this from in Singapore?
You can't get this in Singapore. Xiaomi sells directly through their website to the China market. You will have to go through an agent from AliExpress or some other websites.