MI-2 Device Review

I'd definitely get one, the trade off is completely worth it. If you feel pretty good about the regular battery, the extra capacity will put a smile on your face. And get this, the battery is actually 3120 mAh. Originally I thought it was 3000, then heard it was 3100, but when I received it, you get that extra little 20 ;)

It's the little things.

It keeps getting better, and better, and better - the only other thing I am waiting on now is case I ordered off of Aliexpress. I'm hoping it makes it here by the end of the week, but expect it may be next week.

Hey Monkey91, the phone has been reviewed by a Dutch website. They also had problems with the battery standby with a Vodafone simcard. I think the problem is the used unstable frequency of the network. I have a T-mobile simcard and I can use this phone 2 days.

in normal mode.. :)

RYXR7vv.jpg

I am translating my current review in English, I need all the help I can to make the review better and need comments from you, you are the experts!
I will update my message later on with the link to my review.
The link in my signature redirects to the Dutch review, this Dutch review will get a link to my new English review of this phone.
This review has it all: comparison with another phone, benchmarks, personal story and of course a link to MiuiAndroid. :)

Please stay tuned for my review. I hope to publish it today or tomorrow. I've got a lot of sentences to translate :)

p.s. ingbrzy, my maximum in AnTuTu was 21382 ;)

It is finsished, here is my review: http://kiswum.tweakblogs.net/blog/8629/xiaomi-mi2-review-in-english.html

Reactions: mymellowman
Hey Monkey91, the phone has been reviewed by a Dutch website. They also had problems with the battery standby with a Vodafone simcard. I think the problem is the used unstable frequency of the network. I have a T-mobile simcard and I can use this phone 2 days.

Really, so there is nothing I can do right?

I am translating my current review in English, I need all the help I can to make the review better and need comments from you, you are the experts!
I will update my message later on with the link to my review.
The link in my signature redirects to the Dutch review, this Dutch review will get a link to my new English review of this phone.
This review has it all: comparison with another phone, benchmarks, personal story and of course a link to MiuiAndroid. :)

Please stay tuned for my review. I hope to publish it today or tomorrow. I've got a lot of sentences to translate :)

p.s. ingbrzy, my maximum in AnTuTu was 21382 ;)

It is finsished, here is my review: http://kiswum.tweakblogs.net/blog/8629/xiaomi-mi2-review-in-english.html

Great review (and great dog)!

Reactions: kiswum
Thank you Mymellowman. The dog is m best friend :) @ Monky91: I hope there is work-around available for you. Maybe you can change the phone to connect only to 2G or 3G networks instead of let the phone decide it for you.

Hey there guys, can you confirm this on the miui.com site, features tab?
"Alarm Clock Always On

Just because you turned off your phone, does not mean your alarm clock will be disabled. The scheduled alarm on your MIUI phone will still go off."

I mean, does it really work with MI2 like the old Nokia phones where the alarm would ring even if the phone was powered off?

Hey there guys, can you confirm this on the miui.com site, features tab?
"Alarm Clock Always On

Just because you turned off your phone, does not mean your alarm clock will be disabled. The scheduled alarm on your MIUI phone will still go off."

I mean, does it really work with MI2 like the old Nokia phones where the alarm would ring even if the phone was powered off?
Yes, without any problem ... :)

This alarm feature is truly the envy of iPhone and s3 using colleagues....

That and the response,xia... who?
From China? They say in a scoffing voice.

I'm like, and where do you think your phone was actually made before the price was inflated to what you paid? !

Reactions: ehrles and Coldbird
Kudos for a great review.
I just got my Mi-2 today and I can tell you it's fabulous.
Just have one question: What is that "driver installation mode" you talk about?
The first time I connected it to my PC, windows went through the traditional driver seeking process and installed some, but not all.
It didn't find a driver for the "Mi2" and "USB" devices...
Normally we download the drivers from the manufacturer, but I'm kind of lost here. There doesn't seem to be any helpful info around.
Any suggestions?

Cheers