Mi 5s Battery Drain

mateevici

Members
Apr 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm running 9.2.2 stable.
I've recently noticed that there is some extremely high battery drain while my phone is in my pocket.
I've tried apps that force the phone to doze mode, but still no improvement.
I suspect that this is due to the fingerprint reader, which is probably too sensitive and triggers while the phone is in my pocket.
The drain seems even more pronounced while I'm outside, where the phone is shown in the battery usage to be awake, even though it should be asleep and the screen is off.
Has anyone else run into these kind of problems?
Any advice?

I have the same problem on Mi 5s Plus, I noticed it few times for past 3 months but I connect it with winter and frost outside. Maybe I'm wrong, will see when spring will come. It appeared on Xiaomi.eu various roms and Last Global Stable.

Problem still present in 9.5.1.

I noticed that I can kind of limit this by turning off wifi and gps when I'm out and about.
Also, I've deactivated the automatic activity detection in Google Fit.

Still not enough, I still get drain.

This is getting embarasing...

Last edited:
What do you mean?
The install is fresh, as I wiped the previous system which was on (stable version of the official xiaomi build).
Yes I meant if you wiped dalvik cache, system etc. I have the 9.5.1.0 and I don't have battery drain

Yes I meant if you wiped dalvik cache, system etc. I have the 9.5.1.0 and I don't have battery drain

I've already done this.
I wipe dalvik and cache after each update.
This doesn't help.

I've taken a closer look at the battery statistics and Android system always has an abnormally high percentage of the battery use.
And among the top listed processes is the fingerprint reader... As I suspected.
It gets triggered while I keep my phone in my pocket and keeps waking the phone, I suspect.

I'm not sure what the solution to this would be.

I tried freezing that but it did not work. I had 95% battery last night and when I woke up the phone was dead. I am going to install an older version of the ROM. Hope they can fix it.

Did you reboot your phone after freezing the app?
That's necessary to stop the running process.

Try also checking with Wakelock Detectors to understand what's draining your battery.

hello
i have same bug
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi5s-batterie-drain-cpu-wakelock-loss-of-network.40617/
yes it's been a long time

Use @demakhs "all weather" and infallible method which solves all software problems : Format Data and re-install the rom.

from my Mi5s

@karliyuss
I still have the problem in the 8.3.29
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi5s-batterie-drain-cpu-wakelock-loss-of-network.40617/

@pavlidisc
I just made a new installation Sunday 01/04/2018
the problem is present from the end of the installation

Reactions: karliyuss
Format Data is your last hope I think.

If Wipe or Factory Reset didn't work for you, try the last option : "Format Data".

from my Mi5s

I used to run the developer ROM on a Mi5, but since I got the Mi5S I'm only using the stable one.

So, 9.5.1, problem still present.

Definitely from the fingerprint sensor.
It gets triggered all the time.

Also, this model has immense drain when using it... It's a shame, though, it's a capable device.

Wiping the device seems totally unreasonable...
What am I supposed to do with all the data I have on my device? Because doing a restore would just install all the software I was previously running, so it would bring it to the same state.

BTW, stable doesn't have face unlock, so this is not the problem.

Reactions: karliyuss