Mi 5s Battery Drain

hi,
I think there is a little better, (a little less battery consumption)
but there are still modem crashes (as many)

You all know about this problem since last beta + MIUI 9.5 update.
If you watch closely, you'll see your Google account always got sync problem (stuck) or got (!) for no reason.

The problem is in latest MIUI code which breaks Google's "Push Subscriptions" HIDDEN SYNC.
You can see this problem but you need ROOT + XPOSED.
Root your phone, install Xposed then Greenify (+ buy donation).
Open Greenify > Settings > Xposed-based Features > (scroll down in the "Require Donation Package" section) check/enable "Reveal Hidden Sync" > reboot.
Go to phone Settings > Sync > Google > YourAccount@gmail.com > (scroll down, look for "Push Subscriptions", usually it'll got error (!)).​
You can see the exact problem with latest beta + MIUI 9.5 update.
For some reason this hidden sync in Google's stuck & keeps syncing (this explain the high drain by Google services).

Don't follow this http://en.miui.com/thread-2362847-1-1.html, it'll break your sync with Google.

ANOTHER FIX from GOOGLE: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/go ... droid-apk-download/
Just install that, it'll fix the sync issue mentioned above. Don't ask me why.

You all know about this problem since last beta + MIUI 9.5 update.
If you watch closely, you'll see your Google account always got sync problem (stuck) or got (!) for no reason.

Not generally true.
I mean, yes, syncing seems to consume a lot of battery, but I haven't had problems syncing recently.

The problem is in latest MIUI code which breaks Google's "Push Subscriptions" HIDDEN SYNC.
You can see this problem but you need ROOT + XPOSED.
Root your phone, install Xposed then Greenify (+ buy donation).
Open Greenify > Settings > Xposed-based Features > (scroll down in the "Require Donation Package" section) check/enable "Reveal Hidden Sync" > reboot.
Go to phone Settings > Sync > Google > YourAccount@gmail.com > (scroll down, look for "Push Subscriptions", usually it'll got error (!)).​
You can see the exact problem with latest beta + MIUI 9.5 update.
For some reason this hidden sync in Google's stuck & keeps syncing (this explain the high drain by Google services).

Don't follow this http://en.miui.com/thread-2362847-1-1.html, it'll break your sync with Google.

ANOTHER FIX from GOOGLE: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/go ... droid-apk-download/
Just install that, it'll fix the sync issue mentioned above. Don't ask me why.

Thanks for the investigative work!

For now, I get better battery life.
I mean, I don't have all those random wake-ups that take up useless battery.
And the fingerprints works fine? I have the last DEV with MIUI10 and my battery is around 3hours of screen a day, I have to recharge 2 times a day sometimes

And the fingerprints works fine? I have the last DEV with MIUI10 and my battery is around 3hours of screen a day, I have to recharge 2 times a day sometimes

I'm not yet sure about the fingerprint sensor.
It still works, even with the screen off.
Maybe it takes a bit longer to recognize my fingerprint, but I'll take that compromise.

I'm on 9.5.2 stable, so I can't say anything about 10.
But if you only barely get through a day, than something's seriously wrong in 10.

I'm not yet sure about the fingerprint sensor.
It still works, even with the screen off.
Maybe it takes a bit longer to recognize my fingerprint, but I'll take that compromise.

I'm on 9.5.2 stable, so I can't say anything about 10.
But if you only barely get through a day, than something's seriously wrong in 10.
I had the same problem on 9.5.2 i installed the ROM always without clean System partition but only Dalvik and Cache, probably was that problem. I use the phone with mobila datas all day, bluetooth with Miband2 (so in passive mode). 3 hours of screen, sometimes is around a day, sometimes half day, depends in how much time i do 3 hours

I had the same problem on 9.5.2 i installed the ROM always without clean System partition but only Dalvik and Cache, probably was that problem. I use the phone with mobila datas all day, bluetooth with Miband2 (so in passive mode). 3 hours of screen, sometimes is around a day, sometimes half day, depends in how much time i do 3 hours

I did a clean install from the beginning, and have had this problem since getting the phone.
So the problem isn't with how the OS is flashed, but with some process that runs in the background, always polling the fingerprint sensor.

I wouldn't say that SOT is a good measure.
Sure, the phone can get even more than 3h if i watch videos, or browse the web.
The problem is with the unnecessary drain, while I don't use the phone, while it's sitting in my pocket.

Reactions: Viselu
I did a clean install from the beginning, and have had this problem since getting the phone.
So the problem isn't with how the OS is flashed, but with some process that runs in the background, always polling the fingerprint sensor.

I wouldn't say that SOT is a good measure.
Sure, the phone can get even more than 3h if i watch videos, or browse the web.
The problem is with the unnecessary drain, while I don't use the phone, while it's sitting in my pocket.
Yeah, sure! 3 hours with 3.000mAh is not enough...but I think that no one will fix this