Mi 8 4G+ Band Aggregation

Xiaomi has previously only supported intra-band CA, because that is what is available in China.
This is what I can get on my Mix1 and Note2 :
2*band3 (intra-band), for example, but never 3+7 (inter-band).

I've seen some discussions about this on the MIUI forum a year or two ago, don't have any links, and don't know 100% that this is correct.

In more recent devices, like Mix2s and Mi8, they seem to have enabled some variations of inter-band CA, but possibly not all the combinations that one would like in Europe.
There have been a few posts/threads here about this last year I think.

It might also be a question of whether Xiaomi has wanted to pay licensing money to Qualcomm for all forms of CA, not sure about that.

You could check if the Global firmware is different from the Chinese firmware for your device.

They are often the same, but not always.
I have been checking my Mix1, they are now different for the most recent stables.

Xiaomi.eu uses Chinese firmware as far as I know.
You could try flashing the Global firmware, if it is different, and if you feel adventurous.

Xiaomi has even a Russian version of MIUI for some newer devices.
I have assumed it is just a variant of the Global version, but if Russian devices actually work differently, it might be worth checking their firmwares also.

Reactions: Oldenburger
Hello @Igor Eisberg

I tested it once.
The xiaomi.eu ROM does not work with LTE +.
Then I installed the Global ROM (MI8Global_V10.2.2.0.PEAMIXM)
and LTE + works.
Back to xiaomi.eu and no LTE + anymore.

So it's a difference in the software.

This should work in an EU ROM. !!

Xiaomi has previously only supported intra-band CA, because that is what is available in China.
This is what I can get on my Mix1 and Note2 :
2*band3 (intra-band), for example, but never 3+7 (inter-band).

I've seen some discussions about this on the MIUI forum a year or two ago, don't have any links, and don't know 100% that this is correct.

In more recent devices, like Mix2s and Mi8, they seem to have enabled some variations of inter-band CA, but possibly not all the combinations that one would like in Europe.
There have been a few posts/threads here about this last year I think.

It might also be a question of whether Xiaomi has wanted to pay licensing money to Qualcomm for all forms of CA, not sure about that.

Yeah I think this is correct. It works, but only sometimes / in some band combinations.

Was at my parents last weekend and there - for the first time ever - saw 4G+ connection. They live in a more rural area close to the czech border.
Never had 4G+ at home or around my city before.
This was on current xiaomi.eu 9.1.24 release.

Before that(until January 2019) I was on global weekly and I don't remember ever seeing 4G+.

Same Hardware, same Location, same Provider.
Xiaomi.eu no LTE+
Global ROM with LTE+
Different Software (modem.img?) ?

Well, I bought a new supposedly 1GB Cat 16 Huawei E5788 router, which is supposed to support all these various CA combination.

I was hoping for hopefully a much better Internet experience, or at worst somewhat better.

But it does not perform any better than the hotspots on my previous generation Xiaomi phones Mix1 and Mi Note 2, which I know only support intra-band CA.

Of course I have never tested it in a big city where there might be more capacity.

Hallo

Es hat bei mir funktioniert.
Folgendes habe ich gemacht.

1. SIM Karte entfernt
2. Alle Netzwerkeinstellungen zurücksetzen
3. Firmware installiert (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/firmware-xiaomi-mi-8-mi-8-se-t3830080)
4. SIM Karte eingesetzt
5. Reboot
6. Im Menü auf "Einstellungen / Alle Spezifikationen / Gesamter Speicher" mehrmals tippen.
7. Netzwerktyp einstellen

Falls es nicht funktioniert einfach xiaomi.eu neu flashen.

Alles auf eigene Gefahr !! Ohne Garantie !!

Google Translate

It worked for me.
I did the following.

1. SIM card removed
2. Reset all network settings
3. Firmware installed (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/firmware-xiaomi-mi-8-mi-8-se-t3830080)
4. SIM card inserted
5. Reboot
6. In the menu, tap "Settings / All Specifications / Total Memory" repeatedly.
7. Set the network type

If it does not work just flash xiaomi.eu again.

Everything at your own risk !! Without warranty !!

Hallo

Es hat bei mir funktioniert.
Folgendes habe ich gemacht.

1. SIM Karte entfernt
2. Alle Netzwerkeinstellungen zurücksetzen
3. Firmware installiert (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/firmware-xiaomi-mi-8-mi-8-se-t3830080)
4. SIM Karte eingesetzt
5. Reboot
6. Im Menü auf "Einstellungen / Alle Spezifikationen / Gesamter Speicher" mehrmals tippen.
7. Netzwerktyp einstellen

Falls es nicht funktioniert einfach xiaomi.eu neu flashen.

Alles auf eigene Gefahr !! Ohne Garantie !!

Google Translate

It worked for me.
I did the following.

1. SIM card removed
2. Reset all network settings
3. Firmware installed (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/firmware-xiaomi-mi-8-mi-8-se-t3830080)
4. SIM card inserted
5. Reboot
6. In the menu, tap "Settings / All Specifications / Total Memory" repeatedly.
7. Set the network type

If it does not work just flash xiaomi.eu again.

Everything at your own risk !! Without warranty !!
Aggregation work or?

I'm a bit confused here.... Are those the steps you used to go back to miui global stable?

Maybe china firmware doesn't support some LTE bands (800? or something more?).

That's the problem, Xiaomi isn't telling what they have nor what they are changing in their various firmwares for different devices.

Insider needed to divulge what's going on.