[Mi 8] Can't fastboot, no fast charge, no usb connection, sensors don't work

fmcardoso

Members
Jan 23, 2019
Hello guys,

I've buyed a Mi 8 from a friend, and seems fine at first, but then I saw that FW was somehow fully broken!

In other phones I used Xiaomi.eu stable roms, this phone came to me with Xiaomi Global weekly rom. When I tried to connect via USB, the computer simply didn't recognice the phone, and nothing appears in the phone to select the USB mode, it just charges ! I tried diferent cables and computers...

Then I realise that almost all the sensors don't work, the proximity sensor, the light sensor, the gyro is always facing right… I've search and see that probably was a problem with the "persist" partition. Well, the problem is that I can't connect to USB to flash anything.

BTW, when entering Fastboot mode, after 10 seconds it just restart !!! Bootloader is unlucked.

Any ideas? I already flash the most recente stable miui global via updater and nothing changed, and lost the option to install "package" via updater :(

When the Phone reboots in Fastboot, that just means the usb connection was not recognized, so maybe a driver issue?

Ensure you are not trying an USB 3 port.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

But can you go to twrp?
Nop, not even instaled, that would be easy to flash another rom, just the original recovery.

When the Phone reboots in Fastboot, that just means the usb connection was not recognized, so maybe a driver issue?

Ensure you are not trying an USB 3 port.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Nop, it reboots in fastboot without any usb connection! And I already tried other usb ports

To solve the sensor problem you have to flash the persist.img file (the original from a China ROM) in the persist folder from twrp. The other problems I do not know how to help you .....

To find persist.img extract the file from here: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/ , only download a stable fastboot ROM ( file .tgz) to extract persist.img file.

Yup, I know, I would love to flash it, but can't connect via USB. I thing that's the origin of all the problems..

In my opinion, MiFlash is your last option. If your bootloader is locked you must flash the chinese version of the ROM. All you have to do is make your phone stay in fastboot ... but I have no idea how :-/

In my opinion, MiFlash is your last option. If your bootloader is locked you must flash the chinese version of the ROM. All you have to do is make your phone stay in fastboot ... but I have no idea how :-/
The bootloader is unlocked, but I just can't get usb connection..

Ok, last chance. Did you clean your phone's USB port accurately?
Still don't work..

The bootloader is unlocked, but I just can't get usb connection..

Still don't work..

I couldnt get my main pc to recognise the phone either, but for me, it turned out that the issue was with Windows 10 it self as I couldnt get fastboot drivers to work. I installed Windows 7 on a laptop and it instantly worked, both for unlocking the device and to install twrp.

Have you tried to disable Drivers signature in windows? I have had some problems with connectivity and after disabling drivers signature, my phone was recognized. Or try with a pc with linux os

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk